Why is it giving me a false low memory error?

voicey99

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Why is it giving me a false low memory error

I am trying to update an app via google play, but every time I try to, it gives me the insufficient memory error even though there is still 40MB of space left on internal storage and 5.2GB left on the SD card it is on anyway, so why is it lying to me about this? I use a Galaxy Y with the 'latest' software.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is it giving me a false low memory error

there is still 40MB of space left on internal storage
That's WAY too little for any but the oldest phones to run with.

the SD card
Has absolutely nothing to do with downloading files. You download the update to internal storage (usually a folder named Download), then it's applied to the app. (if the app was moved to the SD card, the update may fail - it may have to be moved back to internal storage to get updated, then moved back - assuming the update will run from the SD card; the SD card was never designed to move apps to, and the card itself isn't designed to be constantly written to, as some apps will - they'll write their current state to their own folder, not their data folder, killing the card relatively quickly [a good card is warrantied for 10 years, which means it'll probably last more than 20 years - running apps on it can kill it in 2 years]).

voicey99

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have tried moving it back and forth, but it says there is not enough memory on internal storage to accomodate the 5.5GB (data and all) app back over,even though there blatantly is, meaning I can't apply that fix short of buying a new device. Perhaps this is my cue to get something with a little more memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis