06-15-2013 08:26 PM
68 123
tools
    I'm using Slidescreen, which give a very simple text-based home screen. Still slightly buggy as it sometimes crashes without notice but the simplistic look sold me. It provides email/calendar/sms/twitter/facebook notifications. I'm using the free version.
    03-22-2010 03:48 PM
    Helix Launcher2. Ruqqq did a hell of a job on it.
    +1 on Helix, working great since I installed it..best one so far IMO.
    03-23-2010 07:20 AM
    good summary i like panda as well but as you stated feels very nursery rhyme type
    03-23-2010 12:43 PM
    +1 on Helix, working great since I installed it..best one so far IMO.
    From reading this thread, I decided to try Helix Launcher. It's so easy and I have only had 1 FC in a week now. Was getting them every day with home++ and dxtop was just ridiculously slow for me.
    03-29-2010 03:05 PM
    Please add Helix Launcher and ClockworksMod to your list. :-)
    04-07-2010 02:38 AM
    HelixLauncher2 located here ... http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...uncher2-4.html

It runs great!!
    04-07-2010 10:29 PM
    thx for tips
    04-09-2010 12:26 PM
    I use Helix Launcher and have had no problems using it. I have tried launcher++ it is also good, but lacks the shortcuts on the bottom.
    04-11-2010 02:24 PM
    I use GDE with the Obsidian theme on my Droid. I only use three screens since I make liberal use of the application docks. The application dock allow me to have room for my widgets as do the call/add buttons always being on the bottom and not taking up useable space. I highly recommend the Obsidian theme because it keeps everything clean.

I never really had any lag issues and now that I rooted (using Sholes 2.0.3 rom) and overclocked to 800mhz, GDE flies. I know 2.1 is coming but I don't know if I can give up my application docs and love the ability to add or remove home screens as needed.
    I've been using GDE for a few months now, and it works really well. The only difference is that I'm using the Hero theme.
    04-11-2010 02:26 PM
    For the Backflip:

dxTop - I like the four screen configuration best. Liked the dock.
    PandaHome - The trays that can be configures are interesting and useful. My favorite configuration was 1 homescren and all six trays enabled.
    OpenHome - Distant third for me did not like
    GDE - was very slow

But in the end I went back to the standard home app.
    04-14-2010 12:48 AM
    I use dxTop with the Gumbo BARE rom. It removes sense and makes everything very snappy. I haven't noticed any lag w/dxTop and the fc's are few and far between. I don't think I could go back to the bloated 7 screens w/ sense on my Hero heh. I had a very hard time just trying to figure out what to do w/ the fourth and now they've added a fifth screen in the middle.
    It's amazing.
    04-27-2010 12:55 AM
    I am using helix launcher. Works like a charm. one force close this week. The shortcuts on the bottom are awesome and you can make up to 7 screens filled with whatever you want.
    04-29-2010 08:02 AM
    Just thought I'd chime in.

I've been using Sweeter Home 2 since before I rooted, and still love it. The customization is pretty much unlimited. There are 5 screens in a plus sign (left, right, center, top and bottom screens).

Springboards (springboards are like a toggle button) turn on and off anything you assign to that springboard on that screen.

Here is a link if anyone is interested.

SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com
    JuniorWWT likes this.
    05-08-2010 10:46 AM
    Just started using Sweeter Home 2 a couple of days ago and it is unbelievable. I bounced around with native Sense, Launcher Pro, and ADW. Couldnt really decide but was just about to settle on Launcher Pro and then came Sweeter Home 2. Nothing compares. Put a blank spring board on top of any picture to launch widgets and scrollbars and more springboards that launch more widgets and whatever. Sweeter Home is my crack.
    Evo with Sweeter Home 2!
    08-15-2010 10:51 AM
    Post some screen caps of ur setup of sweeterhome
    08-15-2010 12:38 PM
    Anyone using these old home launcher still?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-2013 04:59 PM
    Yep adw.ex is my favorite by far

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2013 05:03 PM
    Great home suggestions, thanks!
    06-15-2013 08:26 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD