Hi, I switched my Verizon Note 4 over to AT&T. I had to work out how to get to their Voicemail, which I just put on Speeddial #2 dialing my own Cell number. The problem is I'm not getting any notifications of Voicemails, either in the notification bar or on the phone. The Verizon Visual Voicemail Icon showed once, but no more and I don't know how to uninstall that app as that option is Grayed out in the application manager and I just force Quit the app.

I know there are a couple of them I've seen, but both get mixed results as far as reviews. The two I've seen are Google Voice (kind of leaning towards) and YouMail app, which gives Visual Voicemail and notifications.

Anyone have an App they can suggest or can give a suggestion as to what they think is better?

I think I used Google Voice to create a number many years ago, at least 4 or 5, and never used it, so don't really know if I have the option to start again from scratch with my account and different Number. I don't care if the Google Voice number goest to my cell phone's number, because my whole goal is to get voicemail notifications on the phone, even though have the AT&T Voicemail. Thanks in Advance.
    03-04-2015 05:25 PM
    1) Call AT&T and get your voicemail number. Put that in #2. That gets you right to voicemail, not to your phone number, press buttons, etc.

2) There's a setting for voicemail notifications - enable it and choose a notification tone (I use a "you have a voice mail" I found on Zedge) and vibration on or off.
    03-04-2015 05:42 PM
    Okay Rukbat, I got the correct voicemail number. Same problem with no help from Google Voice, AT&T, or tried you tube app. When I try to dial the code that Google Voice or Youmail app give me I get an error, cannot make call. Nobody seems to know what the problem is. I'm not sure exactly either. When I try to dial, and after the code is sent, it hangs up and gets No Sim, Sim Error. Which leads me back to believe that it's a verizon thing. I'm tired of going through Tech reps over the same thing again and again, but I can't for the life of me, figure why I can't get notifications on my phone, just missed call. That doesn't help me, because not everyone that calls and doesn't get through, leaves a voicemail. I need something to give me either Text or a notification of voicemails and number, so I know when I have messages. I can dial voicemail no problem, just can't receive notifications. I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. May go check XDA and see if someone can help over there. I even tried calling Verizon for Device unlock code and they said and I confirmed that the 4glte phones are unlocked, when I put the code in the keypad, nothing happens. I never unlocked a device, but I would figure you just put in the code dial the number, nothing. So if any more info that could help me, I'd appreciate it. It's important for me to know when I have voicemails.

I was able to get my phone on Google voice, but just sends me email, even though the text option is checked on the website. Not sure what the problem is with the 3rd party apps, I understand the AT&T voicemail, because it's looking for Verizon Voicemail number. Appreciate any help anyone can give me thanks.
    03-04-2015 10:20 PM
    If the phone wasn't unlocked it would ask for the unlock code as soon as you put in the AT&T SIM. Go to an AT&T Device Support Center (ask at your local store where your local DSC is) and see if they can figure it out. You're their customer now, on their voicemail, (And most DSCs have people who know their stuff.)
    03-04-2015 11:36 PM
    yeah, figured that would be my next option. Thanks for suggesting it. I don't see anyone else online having the issue, so something somewhere isn't right. Appreciate the help and advice. Many thanks;
    03-05-2015 12:42 AM
    Rukbat, I finally got it working. No help from any AT&T tech rep. Was up until now (4am, I'm a stubborn SOB when it comes to solving things on my phone,lol) took me hours to figure it out. I finally got a google voice forum where people Verizon Iphone 6 on AT&T, couldn't get the voicemail to work either. The guy on the GV forum gave a bunch of things to try and finally narrowed down the problem to ATT telling me to put a +1 in front of the Voicemail Number to call. Took off the +1 at the beginning and now I can set it to the ATT Voicemail and Long Press #1 to dial it in the voicemail settings. After that, everything else fell into place.

I couldn't get the ATT Voicemail app to work for some reason, but may try again tomorrow or go to a Store with a Tech support center like you said. I'm happy to have GV working at least and now the notifications for Sound, Text, Led, and email all tell me when I have a new voicemail. The transciption is way off, but doesn't bother me, at least I can call to get it now, knowing that I have some on the phone. Hope this helps someone else that was having the same problem.
    03-05-2015 04:06 AM