How do I install something in Astro? I was trying to download the 2.1 Update.zip file but I dont know how to. Please help.
    01-02-2010 10:43 PM
    I also couldnt get Swype download to work either
    01-02-2010 11:24 PM
    Well I may be wrong but an update.zip is done using the boot system. Power down the phone, power back on while holding the x button, and then select restore using update.zip. MAKE SURE THAT UPDATE.ZIP IS IN THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF YOUR SD CARD AND NOT IN A FILE FOLDER.
    The swype download is done by making sure that the file extention is .apk and not .zip and then clicking on the file and opening the app manager and installing.
    01-02-2010 11:40 PM
    Well I may be wrong but an update.zip is done using the boot system. Power down the phone, power back on while holding the x button, and then select restore using update.zip. MAKE SURE THAT UPDATE.ZIP IS IN THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF YOUR SD CARD AND NOT IN A FILE FOLDER.
    The swype download is done by making sure that the file extention is .apk and not .zip and then clicking on the file and opening the app manager and installing.
    You are correct.
    01-02-2010 11:45 PM
    also make sure you have unknown sources checked in the applications settings panel.
    01-02-2010 11:49 PM
    How do I make the ending .apk
    01-03-2010 12:05 AM
    How do I make the ending .apk
    Long press, edit, rename. Change the last three letters after the dot to apk.
    01-03-2010 12:30 AM
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. No Root required? Manual update much like the 2.0.1 update?
    01-03-2010 04:36 AM
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. No Root required? Manual update much like the 2.0.1 update?
    Yes sir! Check out alldroid.org. I'm pretty sure that's where it was posted at. The Rome are coming along pretty nicely.
    01-03-2010 07:17 AM
    unzip the swype download on your computer, and COPY that .apk file to your phone somewhere, than install it using astro
    01-03-2010 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD