Anyone using Spotify??

I am using free version and love it but wonder if paying $9.99 a month is worth it... I have nexus 6 and limited on storage 32gb.... I have 12gb music now and 4gb. Of apps....... Need some feedback please
    03-18-2015 01:37 PM
    It really depends. Do you use Spotify free right now for your music (since you seem to have quite a few tracks already downloaded)? If so, do the ads annoy you? Do they annoy you enough to warrant 10 bucks a month? You should get the free trial and test it out. Do you miss it after the trial is done?

Also bear in mind that some artists and albums are just not in Spotify, and no way to 'mix' Spotify with your own files when streaming (only for offline access if you import your tracks into Spotify's desktop client).

Play Music would be another worthy contender for you to take a look at. I like Spotify's playlists MUCH better, but Play Music has the advantage that you can upload your own tracks to their servers and stream them from any registered device or any computer using their web-based player. They also have a free trial period available.
    03-18-2015 01:45 PM
    Best $10 I have ever spent. I get to download the music onto my devices, no data is being charged since they are downloaded and while driving the music does not cut out if I am in a area that is out in the middle of nowhere.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 05:33 PM
    If you add a song to your Libary and play it later does it use data? Regarding google play
    03-18-2015 06:11 PM
    If you're streaming from their servers, yes. If you added the song to your Library (either from Google's music library or uploaded from your own collection) and flagged it as 'Offline' in the device you're using, then it'll use data to download the songs, but once in your device, they won't use up any data and you'll still be able to listen to them. But this takes up space in your device, in contrast to streaming, which takes up space in Google's servers.
    robert7107 likes this.
    03-19-2015 10:07 AM
    OK... I have never done this ... Using free trial thru both google and Spotify..... So far loving it...
    03-19-2015 01:57 PM
    IMHO you should have taken the trial on one first and then the other (doubling your 'premium' time for free!), but you've already started both trials hehe... Now to actively use both and see which one is right for you, or if you'll stick to free Spotify with ads (which is not available for GPM).
    03-19-2015 03:56 PM
    IMHO you should have taken the trial on one first and then the other (doubling your 'premium' time for free!), but you've already started both trials hehe... Now to actively use both and see which one is right for you, or if you'll stick to free Spotify with ads (which is not available for GPM).
    Actually been using Google more ... A lot...
    03-19-2015 05:06 PM
    I use Spotify (Premium) and also have my own music (using Music Player Remix). I can listen to music whether or not I'm connected, and according to my mood.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5
    Yes, I downgraded. :-D
    03-19-2015 05:18 PM
    Yeah, but GPM's advantage is that you can upload your own library to their servers. Sure, you can still keep it offline, but you can also mix your own songs with theirs in your playlists and have those available in ANY device at any time, unlike Spotify, where you can only do that if you import your library into the PC Client and manage your music from there, and that only applies to each device you sync, not the web version (since your own library is not in their servers).

But I still prefer Spotify's playlists and content discovery over GPM's. Spotify Connect is also a nice addition I didn't know I would miss haha
    03-20-2015 10:28 AM
    Yeah, but GPM's advantage is that you can upload your own library to their servers. Sure, you can still keep it offline, but you can also mix your own songs with theirs in your playlists and have those available in ANY device at any time, unlike Spotify, where you can only do that if you import your library into the PC Client and manage your music from there, and that only applies to each device you sync, not the web version (since your own library is not in their servers).

But I still prefer Spotify's playlists and content discovery over GPM's. Spotify Connect is also a nice addition I didn't know I would miss haha
    Question...

Song I download from the streaming too library there stored on phone but if I cancel my subscription before trial period ends do I lose them?
    03-20-2015 05:33 PM
    Ummm... it depends. I don't know how it works for Google Play Music since it didn't ask me for payment details at sign up, but if it works as Spotify's trial, even if you cancel the subscription before the trial ends, your subscription remains active until the end of the trial period, it just doesn't renew itself. If this is the case, the songs you downloaded will be playable until the end of your trial.

If GPM actually does cancel your subscription entirely, then yeah, downloaded tracks (unless bought outright) will cease to be playable and eventually removed from your phone.
    robert7107 likes this.
    03-23-2015 10:28 AM