I'm a bit confused. If my needs are basic, that is, watch anything from my DVR (live or recorded) on my Incredible, is there a "minimum" set I need to get? or will any of the boxes - Alingbox A/V, Slingbox Solo, Pro HD

What is the "lowest' level unit that will do what I need?

(Yes, I know I need slingplayer too)

ALSO: Is slinglink Turbo as reliable as direct ethernet connection between slingbox and my router?
    12-23-2010 06:46 PM
    If you have Dish Network and the proper dvr, you just need a sling adapter for $99. The Dish Network slingbox app is free.
    12-23-2010 08:08 PM
    If you have Dish Network and the proper dvr, you just need a sling adapter for $99. The Dish Network slingbox app is free.
    Nope. Direct tv
    12-23-2010 09:08 PM
    I have had the A/V and now have the Pro HD. If you get HD on your DVR the Pro HD is somewhat better on my Evo and much better on a computer. To me the quality makes it worth a few more bucks.

You can stream an HD signal with the A/V, but the quality is much worse and depending on your DVR the aspect ratio may be messed up.
    12-23-2010 11:21 PM
    I have had the A/V and now have the Pro HD. If you get HD on your DVR the Pro HD is somewhat better on my Evo and much better on a computer. To me the quality makes it worth a few more bucks.

You can stream an HD signal with the A/V, but the quality is much worse and depending on your DVR the aspect ratio may be messed up.
    Okay, I've got the differences down. A question....

Based ONLY on use with your EVO, do you find the HD transmission of the Pro-HD a worthwhile additional cost over the non HD transmission (for the Solo, which has HD input but not HD output)

Or does the PRO-HD give you better screen aspects than the Solo?

BTW, My upload speed tests at about 2 Mbps
    12-24-2010 06:27 PM
    I think so, on something like CNBC with the streaming quotes, etc. makes a difference.
    12-25-2010 01:28 AM
    Bought the pro hd BC it will stream a pic that uses the whole screen. Plus everything I record is in hd. Looks great

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-25-2010 02:38 PM

Here is a slingbox screen shot off my DroidX.

If you have a HD dvr get the pro hd. Well worth it.
    12-25-2010 03:01 PM
    Just realized 2 additional, but contrasting points....

I plan on upgrading from my Incredible to the new HTC next year - whatevr you want to call the new lte rumored phone (mecca/incredible hd/whatever) - so it may be worth getting the PRO-HD

With my current internet package, my upload speed is 'only' about 2 Mbps - so it may not be worth getting the PRO-HD
    12-25-2010 08:46 PM
    Just realized 2 additional, but contrasting points....

I plan on upgrading from my Incredible to the new HTC next year - whatevr you want to call the new lte rumored phone (mecca/incredible hd/whatever) - so it may be worth getting the PRO-HD

With my current internet package, my upload speed is 'only' about 2 Mbps - so it may not be worth getting the PRO-HD
    My upload speed isn't much faster. But with slingbox I'd recommend a wired hook up. Moved my modem near the TV and went wireless with the computer.

12-25-2010 08:51 PM
    My upload speed isn't much faster. But with slingbox I'd recommend a wired hook up. Moved my modem near the TV and went wireless with the computer.

Yeah, for now I don't mind a cable on the floor from my living room to my computer room
    12-25-2010 09:21 PM
    Here is what you need to get rid of the cable running from room to room. It gives you a wired network throughout you home.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=mcRVLMj8
    12-26-2010 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD