I started using Googles messenger app a few weeks ago on my Note 4. I had been using hangouts. I have disabled SMS in hangouts. Recently, my wife's text have started coming in on hangouts as a hangouts message instead of messenger. It appears to only be her texts going to hangouts. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I know she is using hangouts for text messaging but they were going to messenger at first.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2015 02:12 PM
    I started using Googles messenger app a few weeks ago on my Note 4. I had been using hangouts. I have disabled SMS in hangouts. Recently, my wife's text have started coming in on hangouts as a hangouts message instead of messenger. It appears to only be her texts going to hangouts. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I know she is using hangouts for text messaging but they were going to messenger at first.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Open Hangouts (on both devices) and make sure the messages are Hangouts rather than text messages. I've done that a few times and sometimes it can take a while before you realize that messages are being sent as a Hangout (data) rather than text (sms).
    03-22-2015 01:38 AM