ADW Launcher Issue

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi there I'm using ADW Launcher app. I updated to 1.3.6 ver. Last night now when I open the app drawer the ADW Launcher app icon is missing also when I'm on my home screen and I hit the menu button I no longer have the option to select ADW settings. However I checked under my managed application settings on my droid x and I do have ADW Lanucher installed some help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi there I'm using ADW Launcher app. I updated to 1.3.6 ver. Last night now when I open the app drawer the ADW Launcher app icon is missing also when I'm on my home screen and I hit the menu button I no longer have the option to select ADW settings. However I checked under my managed application settings on my droid x and I do have ADW Lanucher installed some help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ive never actually used ADW launcher, shameful i know. but Launcher pro plus is just that good....

but anyway, why dont you clear the data and cache from ADW managed applications,,, uninstall, then reinstall

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Won't uninstalling it change everything I've set up on my DX using ADW?

Yeah but just take a couple screen shots and redo it,,,,i mean what good is everything if you can't change anything,,,,, ok so here is 2nd suggestion. go to the market go to the ADW app, and in there should be an option to write to the developer. Write to him, describe your problem, what phone and version of android you are running, be very descriptive, and he more than likely will answer you ASAP... i write in to Fed from launcher pro and he responds within 24 hours.....

and have you rebooted since then, give that a go if you havent

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've rebooted and also e mailed the dev. No word yet I uninstalled it rebooted I'm going to install it again And see how that goes.

Westifire

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
This is going to sound stupid but is ADW actually running? If the options aren't coming up, maybe you're still on the stock launcher. It's a long shot, I know.

If so, try downloading 'Home Switcher'. You can use it to switch your launchers on the DX.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, I figured it out I'm such a dope! Sorry guys last nights update reconfigured the how to navigate to where the settings are found prior to the update it was just button press now after the update it's 3 steps I found it after I trouble shooted all these different steps! I've only been running this app a few days but I still feel like an idiot but all is fine.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK, I figured it out I'm such a dope! Sorry guys last nights update reconfigured the how to navigate to where the settings are found prior to the update it was just button press now after the update it's 3 steps I found it after I trouble shooted all these different steps! I've only been running this app a few days but I still feel like an idiot but all is fine.

That's great that you solved it, but to help someone else that may be in this position in the future.what 3 steps do you need to do now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You start out from the desktop screen>menu key>more>adw settings. As a said before prior to lastnights update all you had to do was hit the menu key from the desktop and it would pop up right away.

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
couldnt find a good forum for adw so figured Id ask it here...

anyone get the "notification" bubbles to work for texting? It works on gmail but not for email icon (yahoo) or my text messaging one. I tried the ADWNotifier too, and nada...tia!

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
couldnt find a good forum for adw so figured Id ask it here...

anyone get the "notification" bubbles to work for texting? It works on gmail but not for email icon (yahoo) or my text messaging one. I tried the ADWNotifier too, and nada...tia!

it works for me on text using ChompSMS and on email via K9... only problem Ive had is whenever I reboot, I have to reset the SMS one, but it works after that. Oh, and make sure you have notifications enabled in the ADW settings under system preferences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1