08-02-2011 02:15 PM
76 1234
tools
    That's doubtful seeing sense is optimized only for snapdragon processors and doesn't work well on anything else but I also want sense but this launcher is much better than the blur launcher
    12-26-2010 12:06 PM
    Took the plunge and purchased the ADW EX, so far so good but I can't test everything because I'm currently at work, so I'll play around with it more at home.

One thing that bothers me, and I hope it's addressed to the developer, is the Phone Settings link is embedded in the ADW settings, I liked how the free version of ADW had a "More" button and opened up two links for ADW Settings and Lock Desktop. Other than that, I backed up everything from the previous ADW, renamed it and restored those settings with EX, minus re-adding the widgets, and everything is fine.
    12-27-2010 03:42 PM
    I keep starting my day with ADW Ex thinking It will win me over. It really is very very nice.

However, by the end of the day I'm back to LP. It's the dockbar in LP that gets the most use from me, and I miss it when it's not there.
    12-27-2010 04:20 PM
    What is so special and so important about the LP+ dockbar? It's a place for shortcuts... that's it. It doesn't cook your dinner or wash your clothes for you, nor gives you a raise at work.
    12-27-2010 04:47 PM
    What is so special and so important about the LP+ dockbar? It's a place for shortcuts... that's it. It doesn't cook your dinner or wash your clothes for you, nor gives you a raise at work.
    Swipe gestures for alternate shortcuts. Pop-ups for bookmarks, missed messages, missed calls, recent apps/task-switcher that is better than the stock task-switcher. Unread mail counters attached to mail shortcuts. Message counters attached to message shortcuts. Just to name a few things off the top of my head. It's most effective because it opens more screen real-estate.

I'm not knockin on ADW Ex... as I mentioned above I find it really good. I'd just like to see it add more dockbar functionality.

And if it could cook dinner and wash clothes, I'd be happier than a pig in slop.
    12-27-2010 04:56 PM
    The notification bar at the top will tell you all of those missed calls/emails/messages/etc as well...
    12-27-2010 05:01 PM
    I love the screen transition effect.
    Using effect 6 right now.

Sent from my CyanogenMod Nexus One using Tapatalk
    12-27-2010 05:34 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the "power control" widget is called (and who makes it) that is featured on screen shot #4 of the previews of ADWLauncher EX in the app market? It looks like it allows for 7 toggle features....thanks.....
    12-27-2010 10:39 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the "power control" widget is called (and who makes it) that is featured on screen shot #4 of the previews of ADWLauncher EX in the app market? It looks like it allows for 7 toggle features....thanks.....
    I have that as default widget on the Nexus One
    12-27-2010 11:08 PM
    Extended Controls
    12-27-2010 11:09 PM
    I've been using adw ex for a couple of days now, and it really is pretty sweet. The screen transitions and hidden dock bar are probably two of my favorite parts. Oh, and the cube app drawer animation.

I've been having a lot of times when I'd press home from being in an app, and then my home screens would be empty and take a minute to populate. And than a bit longer before si could switch to the next screen. Sense did this for me a lot too though, and adw doesn't seem to be any worse, really.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-27-2010 11:24 PM
    I've been having a lot of times when I'd press home from being in an app, and then my home screens would be empty and take a minute to populate. And than a bit longer before si could switch to the next screen. Sense did this for me a lot too though, and adw doesn't seem to be any worse, really.
    In ADWSettings->General Behavior->System Preferences check the box for System persistent. This should help with this redraw. Although there is a 'Dangerous' disclaimer for it, I've used this since ADW added it in the original ADW.Launcher and have never had issues with it set.
    12-28-2010 08:33 AM
    In ADWSettings->General Behavior->System Preferences check the box for System persistent. This should help with this redraw. Although there is a 'Dangerous' disclaimer for it, I've used this since ADW added it in the original ADW.Launcher and have never had issues with it set.
    +1. After enabling this option, it's been running much smoother.
    12-28-2010 09:02 AM
    Thanks, I'll try that!

I wonder why it's labeled as being dangerous.

12-28-2010 10:16 AM
    Thanks, I'll try that!

I wonder why it's labeled as being dangerous.

On some devices it may cause instability, so they put that there just to give you a heads-up that something MAY happen, but probably won't.
    12-28-2010 10:20 AM
    On some devices it may cause instability, so they put that there just to give you a heads-up that something MAY happen, but probably won't.
    Gotcha. I just wondered if there was some specific, documented behavior that they knew of. I have no problem with paying no heed to a disclaimer for general instability. I do it all the time! LOL

12-28-2010 11:18 AM
    If there was a nice way to get bookmarks, like a widget or the way I can swipe up from the dock bar in lp+ I'd use this more for the transitions, but the bookmarks swipe, all in one calendar/agenda widget and facebook widget are keeping me with lp+. Especially since the fb app widget broke in the last update.
    12-28-2010 11:27 AM
    If I use Launcher Pro +, do I need to uninstall it to try this? Can I save my settings to go back if I don't like adw ex?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-28-2010 11:38 AM
    If I use Launcher Pro +, do I need to uninstall it to try this? Can I save my settings to go back if I don't like adw ex?

Download "Home Switcher" from the marketplace and then get ADW EX. That will allow you to switch between the two for testing. Be aware, you only have 15 minutes to try it out... yes we know, it's BS. Besides, it's only $3. Now, if you get ADW EX and you use it permanently, it would be best to uninstall LP+ to save room, or if you don't want to do that and you're rooted, use Titanium Backup to freeze LP+ without removing it.
    12-28-2010 11:53 AM
    Thanks......if I try it, then I will be eating the $3. Will benefit the developer which is good. Shame to Google for turning into a Microsoft type of organization.......

12-28-2010 12:11 PM
    Tried it and it was not smooth like lpp. Program does have potential, so will keep it and slide over as updates arrive.

12-28-2010 10:59 PM
    I'll stick with LP+, but I still can't get over people complaining about 15 minutes to try out an app.

On an iPhone/iPod touch, once you buy an app, that's it...

Do a majority of Android users really feel like they're getting the short end of the stick here?
    12-29-2010 01:31 AM
    For the people who do have this, what settings are you using? What do you have on your different screens? Transitions, etc....I am just curious as to what others are liking.
    12-29-2010 08:55 AM
    I've been a LP+ user for a long time, so I was reluctant to try ADW... Downloaded it last night, setup my screens, started playing with transitions. WOW... I am impressed. I also like the lock screen, so my kids can't mess things up.

Nice work on this !! Well worth the $3.00
    12-29-2010 09:26 AM
    I'll stick with LP+, but I still can't get over people complaining about 15 minutes to try out an app.

On an iPhone/iPod touch, once you buy an app, that's it...

Do a majority of Android users really feel like they're getting the short end of the stick here?
    The Apple store also has Quality Control and scrutinizes every app that goes into the market, removing the need for a review period. If the Android Market offered the same service, I'd not be upset over the 15 minute review period and would be content with there being none as well too.
    12-29-2010 10:22 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD