08-02-2011 02:15 PM
76 1234
tools
    Hey guys. I have ran ADW and I always get screen lag. I go to swype, and the screen sits there. Am I doing something wrong? One of you must know?
    12-29-2010 10:28 AM
    Hey guys. I have ran ADW and I always get screen lag. I go to swype, and the screen sits there. Am I doing something wrong? One of you must know?
    I've noticed with ADW EX, that whenever I unlock or exit an app, the first swipe does nothing, but subsequent swipes work like they should.
    Johnly likes this.
    12-29-2010 11:33 AM
    I've noticed with ADW EX, that whenever I unlock or exit an app, the first swipe does nothing, but subsequent swipes work like they should.
    Thank you. Is there a setting, or something I can turn off to solve this?
    12-29-2010 11:47 AM
    I haven't noticed this.. I don't use swype anymore though.
    12-29-2010 03:44 PM
    I wouldn't think a launcher of all programs would affect Swype.
    12-29-2010 04:52 PM
    i have something similar where i can back arrow out of many apps i had been in earlier and it will never go back to the home screen. its stuck in a loop.

plus when i open the 3d launcher it sometimes opens to a black screen but if i randomly touch somewhere it will open whatever app is in that location. If i close and relaunch the apps they will appear fine.

other then that i like the launcher
    12-29-2010 05:35 PM
    Not the keyboard, the gesture of swyping through adw. It is never instant responsive opening the UI.
    12-29-2010 06:07 PM
    I switched back to ADW for now. While EX had neat stuff it needs some bugs worked out of it. Its not so smooth once you have a bunch of widgets. I will wait until it can be refined a bit before I use it again.
    01-01-2011 10:22 AM
    I don't see how this is that much better than the original ADW which works well for me...
    01-01-2011 11:33 AM
    I don't see how this is that much better than the original ADW which works well for me...
    Anderweb has the differences posted on his blog: ADW Things

Personally I switched to EX mainly to support his/their hard work on a great launcher. Screen transitions are neat too...plus, while the differences aren't drastic when compared to the original, I do think it runs smoother and faster on my original stock froyo moto droid. It could just be me thinking it runs better, but I'll stick with it for now.
    01-01-2011 02:40 PM
    The Apple store also has Quality Control and scrutinizes every app that goes into the market, removing the need for a review period. If the Android Market offered the same service, I'd not be upset over the 15 minute review period and would be content with there being none as well too.
    No, that doesn't remove the need for a review service.

There are ratings in both the Android and Apple markets, however, just because an app has great reviews doesn't mean YOU as an individual will like it.

One instance of this myself, was Must.Eat.Birds. Game got GREAT reviews in the App store so I bought it...

Played the game maybe 2 or 3 times... Hated it. Of course, it was only like .99 or $1.99, so it's not that big of a deal, but had I had the 15 minutes to try it, I would have quickly returned it.
    01-02-2011 04:10 AM
    I just updated to the new version and noticed that when you hit the menu key, Settings (Phone) has returned! ADWSettings and Lock/Unlock Desktop is in the 'More' tab.
    01-11-2011 08:51 PM
    Does anyone know what the Calender widget in the adw ex screen shot in the market is?
    01-12-2011 01:26 PM
    Sorry to bump old thread but have been messing around with ADW (not EX yet). I've tried Go Launcher and LP. I like ADW especially for it's themes but have a problem with no scrollable dock. That's a huge plus for LP. Does ADW EX have a scrollable dock?
    04-03-2011 10:33 AM
    ADW (both versions) has two docks, one with the base 5 items, and a second hidden dock that can contain an infinite amount of stuff.
    mo-bile#AC likes this.
    04-03-2011 02:20 PM
    Sorry to bump old thread but have been messing around with ADW (not EX yet). I've tried Go Launcher and LP. I like ADW especially for it's themes but have a problem with no scrollable dock. That's a huge plus for LP. Does ADW EX have a scrollable dock?
    Simply make a swiping up gesture on your main dock and it will vanish. It's hard to tell when its empty, but thats actually a second dock. It can hold as many icons as you wish it will start to scroll when you get enough in there. Make sure hidden dock is on in settings. I use ADW Ex and I can say for certain its worth the 3 bucks. LPP is nice and Go is ok, both are feature rich however they are both turtles compare to the hare which is ADW. It's just FAST.
    04-04-2011 11:19 PM
    Thanks both above for the help. I didn't know about the hidden dock but it does what I need! I've tried several other launchers but the themes for ADW wins me over. I'll check out ADW EX and see if it's worth paying for.
    04-05-2011 01:17 PM
    What I like the most about ADW is the hidden dockbar. I had bought it during my Fascinate days. After switching to Thunderbolt, I had been more than happy with Sense, but its lack of support for scrollable widgets (Pure Message, Pure News, etc) has made me return to ADW EX.

Now this may be a stupid question but is ADW's homescreen panels limited to 5 or is there a way to add more (like LPP or Go Launcher)?
    05-22-2011 12:37 AM

Now this may be a stupid question but is ADW's homescreen panels limited to 5 or is there a way to add more (like LPP or Go Launcher)?
    Press you phone's menu button. Along with settings and wallpaper and such you should see an "edit" option. From there ADW lets you add and remove screens. I believe you can have as many as seven screens at a time,
    05-22-2011 03:00 AM
    Press you phone's menu button. Along with settings and wallpaper and such you should see an "edit" option. From there ADW lets you add and remove screens. I believe you can have as many as seven screens at a time,
    Oh I can see that now. Thank you so much.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    05-22-2011 03:04 AM
    Oh I can see that now. Thank you so much.

No problem. Happy to help.
    05-22-2011 03:05 AM
    just bought the ADW ex yesterday, I absolutely love it! so customizable, I love the fact that you can eliminate some of the home screens, I have never had a use for 7 screens, so I made it 3 screens
    05-23-2011 09:55 AM
    I've really enjoyed ADW since it was first launched and am now really enjoying the EX version.

What's odd though with this most recent version of EX (version 1.3.3) isn't as stable as the previous versions of both EX and the original ADW. My Inspire runs perfectly and 1.3.3 gave me my first forced close error I've seen. Also, sometimes when going back to the home screen the phone will lock up momentarily. And finally, its doing this odd things where the widgets lock up and won't load (including Android & Me and my Plume widget).
    05-23-2011 10:12 AM
    its doing this odd things where the widgets lock up and won't load (including Android & Me and my Plume widget).
    I experienced that as well
    05-23-2011 01:55 PM
    My Inspire runs perfectly and 1.3.3 gave me my first forced close error I've seen.
    Me too! I often get force close popups.... And mostly its Pandora - a process which I am not using at the time.

05-23-2011 03:06 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD