adw launcher ex

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For the complexity of the 8 transitions I cant believe how smooth and stable it is. Zero FC and I have come to prefer replacement contact widgets found in LPP. These transitions from home screen to home screen are like nothing else I have seen. Very well implemented.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people are wigging out about the $3 price for the app. A lot of time, effort and features have been put into the Launcher. If it were that easy then I'd expect to see the market flooded with good launchers just like the soundboards...(not dissing the soundboards)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
X has been very good to me and probably the best 3bucks I spent on an app. It's feature packed easy to make mine and I haven't seen a single hiccup due to the app.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I will stick with stock, sadly I want some Sense candy but that would mean I need to wait for Sense to hit Gingerbread, then a stable port to Nexus S :(

Sent from my Nexus S

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That's doubtful seeing sense is optimized only for snapdragon processors and doesn't work well on anything else but I also want sense but this launcher is much better than the blur launcher

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Took the plunge and purchased the ADW EX, so far so good but I can't test everything because I'm currently at work, so I'll play around with it more at home.

One thing that bothers me, and I hope it's addressed to the developer, is the Phone Settings link is embedded in the ADW settings, I liked how the free version of ADW had a "More" button and opened up two links for ADW Settings and Lock Desktop. Other than that, I backed up everything from the previous ADW, renamed it and restored those settings with EX, minus re-adding the widgets, and everything is fine.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I keep starting my day with ADW Ex thinking It will win me over. It really is very very nice.

However, by the end of the day I'm back to LP. It's the dockbar in LP that gets the most use from me, and I miss it when it's not there.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
What is so special and so important about the LP+ dockbar? It's a place for shortcuts... that's it. It doesn't cook your dinner or wash your clothes for you, nor gives you a raise at work.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
What is so special and so important about the LP+ dockbar? It's a place for shortcuts... that's it. It doesn't cook your dinner or wash your clothes for you, nor gives you a raise at work.

Swipe gestures for alternate shortcuts. Pop-ups for bookmarks, missed messages, missed calls, recent apps/task-switcher that is better than the stock task-switcher. Unread mail counters attached to mail shortcuts. Message counters attached to message shortcuts. Just to name a few things off the top of my head. It's most effective because it opens more screen real-estate.

I'm not knockin on ADW Ex... as I mentioned above I find it really good. I'd just like to see it add more dockbar functionality.

And if it could cook dinner and wash clothes, I'd be happier than a pig in slop.

LedZep44

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the "power control" widget is called (and who makes it) that is featured on screen shot #4 of the previews of ADWLauncher EX in the app market? It looks like it allows for 7 toggle features....thanks.....

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the "power control" widget is called (and who makes it) that is featured on screen shot #4 of the previews of ADWLauncher EX in the app market? It looks like it allows for 7 toggle features....thanks.....

I have that as default widget on the Nexus One

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using adw ex for a couple of days now, and it really is pretty sweet. The screen transitions and hidden dock bar are probably two of my favorite parts. Oh, and the cube app drawer animation.

I've been having a lot of times when I'd press home from being in an app, and then my home screens would be empty and take a minute to populate. And than a bit longer before si could switch to the next screen. Sense did this for me a lot too though, and adw doesn't seem to be any worse, really.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a lot of times when I'd press home from being in an app, and then my home screens would be empty and take a minute to populate. And than a bit longer before si could switch to the next screen. Sense did this for me a lot too though, and adw doesn't seem to be any worse, really.

In ADWSettings->General Behavior->System Preferences check the box for System persistent. This should help with this redraw. Although there is a 'Dangerous' disclaimer for it, I've used this since ADW added it in the original ADW.Launcher and have never had issues with it set.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
In ADWSettings->General Behavior->System Preferences check the box for System persistent. This should help with this redraw. Although there is a 'Dangerous' disclaimer for it, I've used this since ADW added it in the original ADW.Launcher and have never had issues with it set.

+1. After enabling this option, it's been running much smoother.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I'll try that!

I wonder why it's labeled as being dangerous.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk