adw launcher ex

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
On some devices it may cause instability, so they put that there just to give you a heads-up that something MAY happen, but probably won't.

Gotcha. I just wondered if there was some specific, documented behavior that they knew of. I have no problem with paying no heed to a disclaimer for general instability. I do it all the time! LOL

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If there was a nice way to get bookmarks, like a widget or the way I can swipe up from the dock bar in lp+ I'd use this more for the transitions, but the bookmarks swipe, all in one calendar/agenda widget and facebook widget are keeping me with lp+. Especially since the fb app widget broke in the last update.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
If I use Launcher Pro +, do I need to uninstall it to try this? Can I save my settings to go back if I don't like adw ex?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
If I use Launcher Pro +, do I need to uninstall it to try this? Can I save my settings to go back if I don't like adw ex?

Download "Home Switcher" from the marketplace and then get ADW EX. That will allow you to switch between the two for testing. Be aware, you only have 15 minutes to try it out... yes we know, it's BS. Besides, it's only $3. Now, if you get ADW EX and you use it permanently, it would be best to uninstall LP+ to save room, or if you don't want to do that and you're rooted, use Titanium Backup to freeze LP+ without removing it.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks......if I try it, then I will be eating the $3. Will benefit the developer which is good. Shame to Google for turning into a Microsoft type of organization.......

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Tried it and it was not smooth like lpp. Program does have potential, so will keep it and slide over as updates arrive.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll stick with LP+, but I still can't get over people complaining about 15 minutes to try out an app.

On an iPhone/iPod touch, once you buy an app, that's it...

Do a majority of Android users really feel like they're getting the short end of the stick here?

Guppy#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
For the people who do have this, what settings are you using? What do you have on your different screens? Transitions, etc....I am just curious as to what others are liking.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been a LP+ user for a long time, so I was reluctant to try ADW... Downloaded it last night, setup my screens, started playing with transitions. WOW... I am impressed. I also like the lock screen, so my kids can't mess things up.

Nice work on this !! Well worth the $3.00

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll stick with LP+, but I still can't get over people complaining about 15 minutes to try out an app.

On an iPhone/iPod touch, once you buy an app, that's it...

Do a majority of Android users really feel like they're getting the short end of the stick here?
The Apple store also has Quality Control and scrutinizes every app that goes into the market, removing the need for a review period. If the Android Market offered the same service, I'd not be upset over the 15 minute review period and would be content with there being none as well too.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I have ran ADW and I always get screen lag. I go to swype, and the screen sits there. Am I doing something wrong? One of you must know?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I have ran ADW and I always get screen lag. I go to swype, and the screen sits there. Am I doing something wrong? One of you must know?

I've noticed with ADW EX, that whenever I unlock or exit an app, the first swipe does nothing, but subsequent swipes work like they should.

Reactions: Johnly

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i have something similar where i can back arrow out of many apps i had been in earlier and it will never go back to the home screen. its stuck in a loop.

plus when i open the 3d launcher it sometimes opens to a black screen but if i randomly touch somewhere it will open whatever app is in that location. If i close and relaunch the apps they will appear fine.

other then that i like the launcher

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I switched back to ADW for now. While EX had neat stuff it needs some bugs worked out of it. Its not so smooth once you have a bunch of widgets. I will wait until it can be refined a bit before I use it again.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how this is that much better than the original ADW which works well for me...

Anderweb has the differences posted on his blog: ADW Things

Personally I switched to EX mainly to support his/their hard work on a great launcher. Screen transitions are neat too...plus, while the differences aren't drastic when compared to the original, I do think it runs smoother and faster on my original stock froyo moto droid. It could just be me thinking it runs better, but I'll stick with it for now.