Best RSS Reader?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I searched the forum but my previous fav. app gnews reader is not available anymore and Feefly sucks because it doesn't show the whole article without opening it in the browser.I tried Google Newsstaand but it doesn't have my Al Jazeera News in Arabic or Emirates 24/7 which is a local newspaper here in Dubai

What else can I try that has no ads? I don't mind paying

Also, I wasn't able to manually add an RSS feed URL to the Google News stand, it doesn't have that option?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After trying and using lots of readers I found that Feedly and Newsstand are the best, at least on the free category. Flipboard is nice but it can't manage many of my feeds.

When you need to read an article in the browser has more to do with the source than with the reader. For some of mine I haven't found any app that doesn't need that. With Feedly you can set a shortcut for your browser to make things easier (see screenshot). Between Feedly and Newsstand I've managed to get all my feeds at hand.

In Newsstand I've added feeds manually just with a copy & paste of the url into the search box on top of the screen.

Attachments

• 1427148132326.jpg
    1427148132326.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 33

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
After trying and using lots of readers I found that Feedly and Newsstand are the best, at least on the free category. Flipboard is nice but it can't manage many of my feeds.

When you need to read an article in the browser has more to do with the source than with the reader. For some of mine I haven't found any app that doesn't need that. With Feedly you can set a shortcut for your browser to make things easier (see screenshot). Between Feedly and Newsstand I've managed to get all my feeds at hand.

In Newsstand I've added feeds manually just with a copy & paste of the url into the search box on top of the screen.

Ahh right! thanks for that tip now I managed to add my favorite feeds in newsstand.

padre182

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
A really good rss reader is the well known gReader pro from google

Please be aware that this is not made by Google but noinion.

However, I agree that this is a good reader. I've used Pulse for years but dev will stop in Dec 15 due to concentrating on LinkedIn and, so, was looking for a replacement. In fact it surpasses Pulse for ease of use and is far better than Google's news products in that I have been able to move over all of my feeds rather none (News has long been the only Google product which I don't like).

eventer79

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Big fan of InoReader here. Used it since Google Reader died. I don't use the app, though, I just either read on PC or pull it up in Chrome on the giant brick phone (Xperia z3v whopping 5.8", geez).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781