Sending large videos with whatsapp...

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The only feature I miss from my previous iPhone 6 is when you wanna send a video in whatsapp, it never limits you to whatsapp's stupid size limit and actualy converts the video on the fly before sending it

Can my Galaxy Note 4 do this or what's the best way to send large videos in whatsapp?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The best way to "send" large videos - regardless of the app - is to upload them to a filesharing site and send the link. I use MEGA. I know it can handle files over 2GB in size, I've downloaded a few.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The best way to "send" large videos - regardless of the app - is to upload them to a filesharing site and send the link. I use MEGA. I know it can handle files over 2GB in size, I've downloaded a few.

that's not as convenient as the iPhone did it, all you had to do is share the file with whatsapp, then select the contact, then you see it saying compressing video then it sends it......

Can't Android with all its greatness do something like that?

I am not talking about large 1 GB files, just some casual videos that I take of my cats where if they exceed 15 seconds, whatsapp won't allow them to be sent.....very sad that such a modern app and probably the best chat app these days cannot send an average length 1 min video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC