What's the Final Verdict? Google Voice vs. Hangouts vs. Messaging

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Last summer, Google finally began integrating their Voice service into Hangouts, thus creating one app to do both jobs. I think it goes without saying that their half-assed attempt at doing so was a huge fail since the integration was mediocre at best. :'(

For example, those of us who use Google Voice as their primary method for making calls could not be uninstalled after you added your Voice number to Hangouts. Also, the Google Voice website that I used to send text messages from my PC, review calls that I missed and reference all of the history for my Google Voice number was pretty much useless after integration with Hangouts. :-\

So... What's the verdict? Did anyone else go back to the original setup of using Voice and Hangouts separately, like I did? Is anyone hoping/expecting Google to fix this? And what do you make of the latest Messaging app from Google? Any potential to combine all 3 apps/services into one nice, neat package?? :confused:

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm still undecided.
I had no issues with Google Voice, but when Hangouts prompted me to allow it to manage my Google Voice number, I opted to. But I'm still not sure if I prefer Hangouts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech