I got the upgrade today and now EVERYTIME I go into my text messages there is a new text that's an ad. I understand having a free ap requires ads but this is most annoying. So if any colurrent handcent users are just ping ship like me, which ap will you use. I really like gosms but it doesn't like me. It locks up and lags after running smoothly for 2 or 3 days. I tried evolve and I really liked it but it I don't like how it seems to never close, there is ALWAYS a thread showing, I don't like that. Textra works really well for me however, it's boring. What will you guys use next?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 04:44 PM
    I got the upgrade today and now EVERYTIME I go into my text messages there is a new text that's an ad. I understand having a free ap requires ads but this is most annoying. So if any colurrent handcent users are just ping ship like me, which ap will you use. I really like gosms but it doesn't like me. It locks up and lags after running smoothly for 2 or 3 days. I tried evolve and I really liked it but it I don't like how it seems to never close, there is ALWAYS a thread showing, I don't like that. Textra works really well for me however, it's boring. What will you guys use next?

Do they provide an option to pay to remove the ads?
    03-31-2015 05:09 PM
    Do they provide an option to pay to remove the ads?
    Yes, it's a yearly service fee not a one time fee.

03-31-2015 05:10 PM
    Yes, it's a yearly service fee not a one time fee.

And what's wrong with the developers getting paid for their app and service?
    04-01-2015 01:27 PM
    No problem with developers getting paid but it's the abrupt and intrusive change that has most die hard users upset. Habit is to open the app and tap the top thread but now it's an ad that leads to something trying to be installed.
    04-01-2015 01:59 PM
    And what's wrong with the developers getting paid for their app and service?
    Nothing. I have purchased aps, for a one time fee. I use aps that have ads. It's the way these aps are displayed thats irritating. Also their claim that it's only a few. I am a heavy texter and I have seen one EVERYTIME I have opened the ap.

04-01-2015 03:09 PM
    Well over 1000 new one star reviews in the play store. I've already switched over to Google Hangouts and gotten used to it. Sorry Handcent, your loss. I would've easily paid a one time fee. It was a good run. In this breakup it was you, not me.
    04-02-2015 11:19 PM
    Doesn't Google Hangout show you as a different phone number? For some reason when I text from it people don't know who I am cuz my actually number doesn't show up, just did random number.
    04-16-2015 07:45 AM