I read awhile back about the new google voice actions/voice search update that includes new personalized recognition settings to better learn your voice for better accuracy. I updated the app as soon as this update was available in the market and still have no such settings in my settings. I am looking in Menu-Settings-Voice input & output settings-Google voice recognition settings and see no such options to enable personalized recognition. In this directory all that is listed is Language, SafeSearch and Block offensive words. Im not quite sure why I cannot get to this setting. I have tried uninstalling the update and re-installing several times but that was no help. Anyone know what could be the issue? I'm on a Droid Incredible.
    12-27-2010 01:43 AM
    It's been awhile since I did the update, but I think that after you update it prompts you to turn on the new service when you the 1st time you use voice search. You may have already turned it on.
    12-27-2010 08:46 AM
    It's in your phone's settings....

Menu -> Voice Input & Output -> Voice Recognizer Settings -> Personalized Recoginition (check this box).
    12-27-2010 10:13 AM
    I'm not quite sure why but that option is not showing up in those settings. I've attached a screenshots of where the setting should be. Attachment 5214

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    12-27-2010 10:17 PM
    I'm not quite sure why but that option is not showing up in those settings. I've attached a screenshots of where the setting should be. Attachment 5214

It looks like you've rooted your phone. Are you running a custom rom? That may be the culprit.
    12-27-2010 11:12 PM
    Voice Search gets personal - Official Google Mobile Blog

From the above Blog entry, it suggests you may be able to manage "voice actions" from your desktop on the Google dashboard. Actually, all it says is you can dissassociate your recordings from your account, but I'm willing to bet you can turn it on as well! Since mine appears to be working, I'm not going to mess with mine to check.
    12-27-2010 11:15 PM
    As an afterthought to the above, if the dashboard doesn't quickly solve your problem, I'd try uninstalling voice actions and downloading and installing it again.
    12-27-2010 11:17 PM
    To answer some of the replies I have rooted my phone but just to gain access to root apps. I have not installed a custom rom. Even so, I rooted after I downloaded the update to the new google voice actions and the did not show up before root so I dont know what is up. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. All you can do since it is a stock app is uninstall the update and reinstall. I might try to remove it from the root of the phone and then install.
    12-27-2010 11:53 PM
    Tried uninstalling again and I get no options still. I thought that maybe I would get a prompt to enable it the first time after installation like most places say it does but even that didn't happen...any other suggestions?

12-28-2010 01:04 AM
    I still haven't found a solution. Any more suggestions?

01-02-2011 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD