Weird issue i'm having with uploading compilation albums i've made using tracks from other albums.

Let's say I have 3 albums i want to use to make a 4th compilation album

Album 1 - Tim McGraw - Greatest Hits
    Album 2 - Trace Adkins - Ten
    Album 3 - Kenny Chesney - Greatest Hits

All tracks tagged correctly.

Now lets say i want to take a few songs out of each of those albums and make my own Favorites compilation album. I copy them over to the new folder I'll call Country Mellow...i retag all the tracks to reflect the new album name for these tracks.

So I upload Album 4 - Country Mellow to my Google Music account and they're all there ready for my listening enjoyment.

Next I upload Albums 1-3 to my Music account...its done uploading but each album is missing the tracks that I used to make the compilation album.

How is that possible? They're the same track names but tagged as a different album. You'd think Google would see the same track names but know its a different album...so upload it.

Why the heck would it just not upload because the same track name is in another album??
    04-01-2015 11:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not entirely sure--the Google Music Manager is a very basic program, and doing custom stuff like that might cause confusion. Instead of creating a new album out of various music files from different albums, I suggest creating a Playlist instead, made up of those songs. That way, the tracks remain in their proper albums, and you can still play that custom "album" as a playlist.
    04-01-2015 11:29 AM
    yeah, that's a good suggestion...just a matter of hunting through the albums to find those songs...about 22 tracks and all from different albums. Having it set as an album is just easier. Wondering if even though i'm retagging the file...there's some metadata not changing and Google is seeing it as same exact track that doesn't need to be uploaded.
    04-01-2015 12:27 PM