Is there a smart remote app for the Samsung S5?

A

AC Question

Smart remote app Samsung S5

I started to use the smart remote app (pre downloaded on the phone, make by peel) and set it up for my LG tv with SD sky attached. The remote works to turn the tv on and off, sky box on and off, and the volume and channel buttons work. But when i try to change the channel using the number each number is typed into the sky box twice, (i.e. i type 101 for bbc one and it will type 110011 leaving me on gold and 011 left on the channel typing box that appears on the tv.
Any suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Smart remote app Samsung S5

I started to use the smart remote app (pre downloaded on the phone, make by peel) and set it up for my LG tv with SD sky attached. The remote works to turn the tv on and off, sky box on and off, and the volume and channel buttons work. But when i try to change the channel using the number each number is typed into the sky box twice, (i.e. i type 101 for bbc one and it will type 110011 leaving me on gold and 011 left on the channel typing box that appears on the tv.
Any suggestions?

I usually get rid of that app and download the WatchOn app. It seems to work a little better in my opinion.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

It is the Watch On app. I would think it's ir transmitting each number twice.
It was a pfaff getting it to work on my Panasonic tv and bd/pvr. My tv required a long hold to turn on so those codes wouldn't work except I eventually tried Off. Peel never responded 15 months ago.

I don't use Sky in the UK. You could try Peel support via the app, or Sky.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

It is the Watch On app. I would think it's ir transmitting each number twice.
It was a pfaff getting it to work on my Panasonic tv and bd/pvr. My tv required a long hold to turn on so those codes wouldn't work except I eventually tried Off. Peel never responded 15 months ago.

I don't use Sky in the UK. You could try Peel support via the app, or Sky.

They are not exactly the same app. You can download the WatchOn app and have them both on your phone.