MMS/SMS Software

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried to send a mass sms last night, chose about 25 contacts and only abot 10 got sent. LOL

I HATE when people send mass sms's during the holidays .. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Christmakwanzacah, Happy New Year, etc. ... Whats the point .. Does it make the person sending it feel like they did their good deed for the day :p

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Im having an issue with GO sms. In my bubble list my texts aren't chronological ....they list all the text from the sender then all from the receiver. Weird. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I HATE when people send mass sms's during the holidays .. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Christmakwanzacah, Happy New Year, etc. ... Whats the point .. Does it make the person sending it feel like they did their good deed for the day :p

I don't mind it. At least they thought to include me. :)

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Really?
No one has any input on whether Go SMS has custom contact notifications?

I don't see how anyone could say its better than Handcent if it doesn't have custom notifications.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally keep going back to the stock Android Messenger with SMS Popup. I've tried Handcent three different times and uninstalled due to glitchyness. If the stock messenger had custom contact notifications I wouldn't use anything.
I don't have any use for making messenger look like an iPhony.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
anyone experience what i have from my post above?

"Im having an issue with GO sms. In my bubble list my texts aren't chronological ....they list all the text from the sender then all from the receiver. Weird. Any suggestions?"

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
anyone experience what i have from my post above?

"Im having an issue with GO sms. In my bubble list my texts aren't chronological ....they list all the text from the sender then all from the receiver. Weird. Any suggestions?"

Try Settings>Appearance settings and see what your "Messages grouping" is set to. Not sure if it will help.

or maybe in Receive settings , set adjustment time offset

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i really want to like go sms but it keeps screwing with me. now i seems to have fixed the grouping in the conversation list, but now in the thread list, it has text messages listed higher on top than ones that i have more recently texted in. and its simply bc it says that the other text message was talked in more recently with its time stamp, but wasnt :(

finalride

Apr 19, 2010
www.ChandlerFuneralHome.net
In response to the original thread I have tried many of the SMS/MMS programs and ave settled on the stock program along with the SMS Popup App for the display and quick reply. I replaced the Messaging shortcut on my home screen with SMS Unread Count Widget so it will mark the messages as read.
So far perfect setup for me

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am not well I need some pizzaz, I like handcent and chomp...sort of not impressed with the stock again :(

I need something to grab me, someone make a good sms program!!

kiddoe

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After updating to the latest launcherpro this morning I've noticed my customized chomp and handscent going back to full stock after ending them in Task manager. Has anyone noticed this? Is there a fix?

Stilts

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post to the forum. I'm very excited with my Thunderbolt and yes I am keeping it. I actually went from a Droid to an iPhone 4, then traded it in for the thunderbolt on launch date.

Re: the SMS - I installed Handcent SMS and like it, except in order for the recipient to see the emoji, they have to have it installed as well or be an iPhone.

My real question is: How do I stop both messaging apps from notifying me of the incoming texts? I'm getting double the messages.

Thanks all,

Stilts

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My real question is: How do I stop both messaging apps from notifying me of the incoming texts? I'm getting double the messages.

Easiest way is to open up the Stock messaging app and tap Menu / Settings. Scroll down and uncheck Received notification. If Sent notification is checked, uncheck that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs