Vote for your favorite SMS/MMS replacement app

What is your favorite text messaging app

• Total voters

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I prefer SwiftKey. It goes through your messages and predicts your next word. Its like it knows what your thinking. No lag on the device either.

Definitely recommend purchasing it.

Swift key is not a replacement sms app :) It is a replacement keyboard

-Sent from my HTC incredible via Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If I had to choose I would pick handcent it is hands down the best... But since I rooted my phone and am running nightlies I don't have a choice but to use their Built in sms app.. It's the gingerbread app and it gets the job done...

-Sent from my HTC incredible via Tapatalk

KeithDX

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Handcent rocks. I like the way I can customize each person's page. Don't have to look at the same old screen every time i text. Different color icons in notification bar so I can tell at a glance who texted me.

Jay_Vegas

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Dual notification

Just tried using GO SMS for the first time -- (new to droid community) and I am receiving two notifications for messages...obviously one from the stock SMS and the other from the GO SMS -- how do i disable to only receive from GO ? Thanks for any help.

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just tried using GO SMS for the first time -- (new to droid community) and I am receiving two notifications for messages...obviously one from the stock SMS and the other from the GO SMS -- how do i disable to only receive from GO ? Thanks for any help.

Open your Messaging app:
Settings->Notifications->Make sure it's unchecked

Reactions: Jay_Vegas

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried go sms a while ago and just wasn't having fun with it. Went back to handcent for while but it eventually dogged out and got really slow on me. Figured I try go sms again and overall I'd say they definitely make some nice improvements. The thing that I've noticed however is the notification bar never seems to be correct on my installation for some reason. I'll get something from my wife and it will show something from twitter on the notification bar. Often the notification color icon is incorrect. I'm assuming this user kind of related to my installation because I'm sure other people would be complaining at this point. I may try a reinstall to see if things clear up.

Jhepunk

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using Go SMS, its a great messaging application, has a lot of features, a lot of themes to choose from but it uses alot of RAM on my phone so I went back using Handcent for that matter.. This two apps are both great on their own rights, I love Handcent because there's an option where you can display your contact's pic and yours in the threaded conversation so it appears to be like a comic style conversation...what I love in Go SMS is that it has a function where you can schedule your SMS to be sent.. But I've chosen Handsent on my vote. there you go!

Captain Niko

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Used handcent almost as soon as I got my optmius s. I customized the hell out of it and I thought it was really bad ass. But then I tried go sms earlier this week and handcent is off my phone lol. Go sms is so much fast than handcent. I just wish I could find some font packs for go sms

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well...it took a long time to convert me from stock, but GoSmS has finally done it. Why? Nice to have themes, but mostly, I got my husband to use it on his X and now he actually notices when he gets a text from his friends or me :) (Because of the handy pop-up/chance to response window) Before it'd take him about 3 days. So...here's to 3rd party options and Android! :D

My only gripe is it's a bit slower to open, but I know it has more to load.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk