My Android apps close because of less RAM, how can I stop this from happening?

Kenneth Ravanilla

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My android apps close because of less RAM

I have a ZTE V795 jelly bean 4.2.2 bought at the end of 2013.At that time,apps run smoothly and I even let apps running when not using but now my device cant survive a 10 minute play of app.My RAM is 20 to 10 mb(its max is 520) left even without using apps i have 20 apps(when its new it can do more apps)running now and not all of them are games and even using browser forces to be close even ir just use a little amount of RAM so please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My android apps close because of less RAM

Welcome to Android Central! With that small amount of total RAM, it shouldn't be too surprising that your phone has progressively had more difficulty with apps, since the average size and RAM usage of apps has been going up and up. At some point, you'll just have to give in and get a new device (or accept the fact that you won't be able to use modern apps very efficiently).

One other thing--are you using a "RAM booster" app? If so, I would recommend uninstalling it. It might cause more problems than it solves, and those apps tend to use up a good amount of RAM themselves.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! With that small amount of total RAM, it shouldn't be too surprising that your phone has progressively had more difficulty with apps, since the average size and RAM usage of apps has been going up and up. At some point, you'll just have to give in and get a new device (or accept the fact that you won't be able to use modern apps very efficiently).

One other thing--are you using a "RAM booster" app? If so, I would recommend uninstalling it. It might cause more problems than it solves, and those apps tend to use up a good amount of RAM themselves.

I HAVE A 2011 galaxy nexus , its old , and <1gb RAM , but it don't have any of those problem Kenneth Ravanilla mentioned up there , app never close ,
i have a motorola artix mb860 in the past , it have more cores and more ram but it lag and have a lot of software problem , i start to believe the real problem comes from the company , samsung or google android is better then motorola , the operating system has problem ,

so i would say stick with big company , well for android , you only have samsung ... =="

i do recomand uninstalled ram booster it is a useless and it cost my device slower and lag .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the input! You highlight one of the difficulties in troubleshooting issue in Android--there can be many different factors involved. Your Galaxy Nexus probably worked pretty well because as a Nexus device, it presumably didn't have much in terms of bloatware bogging things down. The Motorola probably had more bloatware, and in my experience, older Motorola phones (I used to have a Razr Maxx) seemed to slow down significantly after about a year or so--I always thought it had something to do with the TI OMAP CPUs they used (which were promptly discontinued by TI). I would say, however, that Motorola is significantly better than they used to be--the Moto X has been generally well-regarded, as well as the Moto G.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the input! You highlight one of the difficulties in troubleshooting issue in Android--there can be many different factors involved. Your Galaxy Nexus probably worked pretty well because as a Nexus device, it presumably didn't have much in terms of bloatware bogging things down. The Motorola probably had more bloatware, and in my experience, older Motorola phones (I used to have a Razr Maxx) seemed to slow down significantly after about a year or so--I always thought it had something to do with the TI OMAP CPUs they used (which were promptly discontinued by TI). I would say, however, that Motorola is significantly better than they used to be--the Moto X has been generally well-regarded, as well as the Moto G.

in android , I would say Samsung is the most reliable android phone at this moment
I hope Motorola improve , asian dominate the android industry , I hope Motorola can improve and do something great , they are the last American , western world android company

lenovo brought Motorola , china telecom company brought Alcatel , damn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair