Couch-to-5K app?

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to get back into running this year and would like to find an app to use on my phone to help me complete a "couch-to-5K" program.

The way I would hope it would work is as follows:

- Keeps track of your progress each session and through the program (i.e., runs completed)
- Alerts you when to switch from run to walk and back to run (must be an audible tone so you can wear headphones or your Bluetooth headset)
- Alerts you on the days you need to run based on your specifications
- Allows you to listen to your own music, either by running in the background or accessing your music library when you start the app.
- Tracks your distance ran per session and through the program

Some "nice to have" features:

- Ability to post to Facebook and/or Twitter
- Statistics

Does an app like this exist? It would be especially nice if it were free.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to get back into running this year and would like to find an app to use on my phone to help me complete a "couch-to-5K" program.

The way I would hope it would work is as follows:

- Keeps track of your progress each session and through the program (i.e., runs completed)
- Alerts you when to switch from run to walk and back to run (must be an audible tone so you can wear headphones or your Bluetooth headset)
- Alerts you on the days you need to run based on your specifications
- Allows you to listen to your own music, either by running in the background or accessing your music library when you start the app.
- Tracks your distance ran per session and through the program

Some "nice to have" features:

- Ability to post to Facebook and/or Twitter
- Statistics

Does an app like this exist? It would be especially nice if it were free.

this is as close to you will get as far as free goes, not as good looking as the iphone version but works well and has a pro paid version

C25K - Android app on AppBrain

here is another,

C25K (Couch to 5K) - Android app on AppBrain

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2