A number of apps have started crashing immediately when loading. There's no error message, they start to open, hang for a second, then return me to the home screen. It's not every app, Twitter works for instance, but Soundhound won't.

I've tried restarting, clearing the cache, force stopping the app, reinstalling, and virus scans. The apps worked briefly after a factory reset, but are back to crashing this morning.
    04-25-2015 11:01 AM
    Weird, the same exact thing started happening with me yesterday. I first noticed it with a few games and then some other random apps. I've tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset this morning. Everything is up to date. Hopefully we find an solution because this is frustrating.
    A number of apps have started crashing immediately when loading. There's no error message, they start to open, hang for a second, then return me to the home screen. It's not every app, Twitter works for instance, but Soundhound won't.

I've tried restarting, clearing the cache, force stopping the app, reinstalling, and virus scans. The apps worked briefly after a factory reset, but are back to crashing this morning.
    04-25-2015 11:33 AM
    Any solutions to this problem? I'm experiencing this too on my HTC One M8, it only started after yesterday.
    04-26-2015 12:49 AM
    Some folks on the M8 forum have found that uninstalling updates to Android System WebView seems to help... For me, it fixed some apps (MLB At Bat) but not others (Traffic Racer).

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 01:09 PM
    In my case Twitter tries to start and then either goes all white or goes back to my home screen. Tried searches throughout the internet and can't find anything which is rare :-/ I'm saavy with pc's and can uninstall updates, etc. but can't see that I can try that stuff on a Tab. >>Galaxy Tab 10.1
    11-24-2015 07:40 AM