App to lock photos?

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Does any one know of an app to hide specific photos? I know there are some out there but I can't find any. I also searched the forum with no luck. Thanks.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
PhotoVault is what you're after. You can lock 4-5 for free to see how it works, then throw in a couple bucks for full use. NOTE: you MUST hit the reverse arrow key on your phone to quit the program, and not use the Home key, which keeps it running in the background and it will reopen where you left off!

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
You could always just put them in a seperate folder on your sd card with a . in front of the name of the folder. for example, name the folder ".otherpics" (without quotes) and that will prevent them from showing up in your gallery.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You could always just put them in a seperate folder on your sd card with a . in front of the name of the folder. for example, name the folder ".otherpics" (without quotes) and that will prevent them from showing up in your gallery.

Is there a way to do this directly on the phone with astro or something, just so I don't have to plug into my computer to do it?

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
But then anyone who can open Astro can find your .file folder. Duh. Get PhotoVault, seriously. Why risk it?

I didn't realize PhotoVault would completely disable my stock gallery...

I can't open my stock gallery at all. I uninstalled and rebooted and still can't. Idk what the to do now.

Last edited:

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Vaulty Free (it's pretty simple)... and even upgraded it to the Hide in Stock (their pay version), and it looks like a "Stocks" app, but instead of typing in an index to search you type in your password and it let's you view your photos..
TO save a photo into Vaulty Free (or the Stocks app), view it in the gallery, then choose to Send to Vaulty or stocks (depending on which version youv'e installed)...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234