Why aren't my Facebook photos syncing to albums in my gallery?

lillyrose2020

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Issues with syncing facebook photo's to gallery, not in albums (Samsung Galaxay A5)

So I have just purchased the Samsung Galaxy A5 and overall it is great.
However I have faced some issues with syncing my Facebook albums to my phone gallery, as this is where I store all of my photo's, on Facebook!

After repeatedly struggling to even get it to sync at all with the 'single sign on failure' error message, I eventually was able to sync after installing the SNS Provider app via the Galaxy Apps store after trawling through several forums. Hooray!

But, hang on why do I now have a giant album called Facebook with 5,000 photo's in it? As if that wasn't annoying enough, they aren't even in date order?

Every other phone I've had has synced Facebook photo's normally using the albums, why does this sync as one whole album instead of the individual albums?

I've read a few similar forum posts that suggest there has been no fix to date, but wanted to post here as well just in case anyone came across a solution or fix!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issues with syncing facebook photo's to gallery, not in albums (Samsung Galaxay A5)

issues with syncing my Facebook albums to my phone gallery
Gallery shows pictures on the phone's storage (including external storage), it fdoesn't "sync" anything in any way, because it has no "place" - it just shows whatever is there (unless the file is hidden, the folder is hidden or the folder has a file named .nomedia in it)..

as this is where I store all of my photo's, on Facebook!
Since there's no such place, you don't. You store your pictures in a folder.

But, hang on why do I now have a giant album called Facebook with 5,000 photo's in it?
Because that's how many photos you had on whatever source you synced with.

As if that wasn't annoying enough, they aren't even in date order?
They're in the order in which they sit in the directory of the folder they're in. Gallery doesn't do sorts. If you want them sorted in some particular order, use something like QuickPic.

Every other phone I've had has synced Facebook photo's normally using the albums, why does this sync as one whole album instead of the individual albums?
You misunderstand how Gallery and whatever you're using to download the Facebook pictures work. It's probably the sync method that's downloading everything to a single folder. (Album names in Gallery [and QuickPic] are the names of the folders the picture files are in.)

I've read a few similar forum posts that suggest there has been no fix to date
Talk to whoever developed what you're using to download the pictures. If they all download to a single folder, they're all going to show in a single "album". There's no album name in a picture.

lillyrose2020

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Issues with syncing facebook photo's to gallery, not in albums (Samsung Galaxay A5)

Thanks for replying.
Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by "whatever you are using to download the Facebook pictures" All I did was sync on my phone using the gallery option, not any other app or anything.
Previous phones have always synced into the same albums I have on Facebook but my issue is the albums have been ignored and all photos are in one folder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae