03-18-2014 05:55 AM
32 12
tools
    FYI - Handcent released v. 2.9.28 this morning. I'm not sure if it addresses your problem or not, but like I said earlier, I've yet to lose a message since I enabled Self Check in Settings>Retrieve Message Settings. In fact I haven't even had the problem where all messages vanish, like I used to with the stock messaging app.
    01-11-2010 03:24 PM
    I havent the slightest clue how it occurred. I just remember starting a message then I got a phone call while typing, i answered it and when I went back to finish my message, that and every other message I received and sent was gone. Thats all I know, I lost a nice girl pic in there I was very distraught...lol

edit i have moto droid
    01-11-2010 07:57 PM
    This has happened twice. I am done with handcent.
    09-03-2010 02:19 PM
    I like Chomp better BUT as far as I can tell you can get LED notifications like you can in handcent where you can have it blink . If Chomp gets that I leaving Handcent as the lost messages and freezes/force stops are getting annoying.
    09-03-2010 02:58 PM
    Guys, I've had the problem and I can tell you that it is not Handcent, but Android itself which causes the problem.

I've uninstalled Hancent SMS (heard that could be the problem) and have lately only been using the stock SMS app, but that hasn't helped. Maybe about 98 % messages comes trough and then all of a sudden it'll miss out on 3-4 messages in a row.

I really like Android, but this is just unacceptable I hope the shop will take it back.

Phone: Samsung Spica

Which phones do you have the sms-problem with?
    02-28-2011 03:30 PM
    The only solution I can think of (apart from returning it if you can or selling it to a poor soul) is to get two simcards (with the same number). And use the other one in a non-Android phone, so that you don't miss any important messages.

It can be time-consuming and expensive (most carriers ask for montly fee for the second sim), but I think it's worth it because it really sucks not knowing wether you are missing a text or not.

I'll probably use this solution (if the shop doesnt take the phone back, which I doubt they will do), until I wait for the iPhone 5.
    02-28-2011 03:56 PM
    Unbelievable! It's 2014 and it's still doing it!

I have the latest version (24th December 2013) and have this problem with messages from my voicemail.

Couldn't be much worse, I keep getting people complaining that I have not responded to their voice messages.

I liked this app, but losing messages?
    AND not fixing it after 4 years? UNFORGIVABLE.

Uninstalled.
    03-18-2014 05:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD