This has always happened the past few phones that I've gotten, and I've never found a way to fix it. Every time I get a new phone or factory reset my phone, after I log into Google Play Store, it automatically tries to restore apps, but it restores the ones on my Nexus 7, and not the ones that were on my phone. I always end up cancelling the auto-restore, and manually installing all the apps I remember being installed on my phone.

Is there any way to ignore the Nexus 7 backup and restore from my latest phone backup? BTW I'm on KitKat and not sure if this has been addressed in Lollipop.

Thanks in advance.
    05-05-2015 05:57 PM
    This has always happened the past few phones that I've gotten, and I've never found a way to fix it. Every time I get a new phone or factory reset my phone, after I log into Google Play Store, it automatically tries to restore apps, but it restores the ones on my Nexus 7, and not the ones that were on my phone. I always end up cancelling the auto-restore, and manually installing all the apps I remember being installed on my phone.

Is there any way to ignore the Nexus 7 backup and restore from my latest phone backup? BTW I'm on KitKat and not sure if this has been addressed in Lollipop.

Thanks in advance.
    This has been addressed in Lollipop. you can pick and choose which app and backup to install
    This is the new automatic setup assistant in Android 5.0 Lollipop | Android Central
    05-07-2015 11:01 AM