I recently switched to a DX from Blackberry and I'm still adjusting to Android, looking to make it all work as best I can.

One of my most-used features from Blackberry I can't seem to replicate on the DX is changing the music track by holding the volume buttons. This functionality was built into the stock BB music player but is lacking in Android. I use a bluetooth headset to listen to music and keep my phone in a pouch on my messenger bag strap - holding the volume button down to change the song without moving the phone was incredibly easy.

I've found a couple apps that almost do what I'm looking for, but I'm not happy with either for various reasons. Music Button uses the camera button to change tracks - this won't work because the camera button is at the bottom of the phone, down in the holster. Next Track won't run in the background and has lots of glitches / bugs.

Anyone know of another app that might do this? I'm really open to suggestion here. I'll try a completely different music player if that would work and I'm not above trying to create a tiny app myself that will do this (I just don't know how!).
    01-06-2011 10:24 AM
    I think this is a good idea! Also looking into a shake/tap next song though I think that must exist already
    01-06-2011 02:47 PM
    any luck with this? I am also switching from a bb and am missing that feature!
    02-25-2011 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD