Touchdown not compatible with Lollipop update but Nine is. How do they compare?

A

AC Question

Touchdown not compatible with lollipop update but Nine is. How do they compare

Touchdown no longer works since Lollipop update. Failure msg upon new setup: Checking Certificate...Checking to see if server is self-signed :https://mail.****************.com
Server cert not trusted, setting accept all certsChecking ActiveSync with SSL...
Connection closed by peer:Exception performing request
ActiveSync version check returned negative, but still trying for 12.1
Checking 2007 with SSL...
Connection closed by peer for operation: Subscribe-> Error renewing a subscription
Checking 2003 with SSL...
Connection closed by peer:Exception performing request

The Touchdown tech says "check with your IT department". IT says it appears to be a "certificate" issue and they updated the certs on our server without fixing Touchdown. I see another app available called Nine-Exchange Outlook Mail. How well does this compare with Touchdown?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Touchdown not compatible with lollipop update but Nine is. How do they compare

I have not used that application; however, there's only one way for you to find out. Let us know how it works for you and it's worth recommending.

rolynstone

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Touchdown not compatible with lollipop update but Nine is. How do they compare

Nine works fine but it's design and feature set is quite different from Touchdown.
Rather than one app managing all Outlook type services it downloads email into it's own app GUI but sync's appointments and contacts with the Android native apps. So you have at least three places to go to for your data. Overall, I like Touchdown much better but I have to roll with Nine until the Touchdown/Symantec tech team fix the issues. They say the issue is definitely the Certificate and Cyphers.
Nine is fine for now.