Help with Launcher Pro

LordAGamemnon

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So There was an update for launcher pro today, and now i can't use my homescreen. I can't download the update because i turned my 3g off (to save battery), and i cant connect anymore. And i can't turn it back on because i can't get to my homescreen/settings. I tried holding down the home button (i have the Cliq) to open recent apps, but it wasn't on there. Is there someway to fix this?

JoshUng

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, no 3G or Wi-Fi I guess then, huh? From what I read on some other forums, and on the android market review page, you can hold down the home button to pull up recent apps (I heard that function should still work), if that works, hopefully either Settings, or Android Market are one of the listed apps. If you can access settings, you can either turn 3g back on that way, or possibly go to Manage Applications and clear the defaults for Launcher pro, then you can use whatever the default launcher is (Motoblur, right?). If you have the normal launcher, you can do everything from there. If you have android market, I think it will tell you that you need the network turned on, and (assuming it works the same as my Evo) will direct you to settings to turn it on. If you can turn it on, try installing it again through the Android Market.

I've heard if you install Launcher Pro through the market, it should work fine, and the error is only coming the the trial version downloaded from the website (I can't confirm that).

If neither or those are working, I also read that you can turn the phone on in Safe Mode and fix from there (I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure that should be easy to find online).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Try those links josh just sent see if any of that works for you. If you solve it please share how you did it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JoshUng

May 7, 2010
Visit site
One quick tip from those links, some users were saying that if you hit the search button on the phone, you can search for settings, and possibly access Settings from there.

From the Launcher Pro forum, Federico (the creator) posted an apology, saying its an old version of a beta that is causing this, new versions have the app expire and bring you to the market.