Hey guys,

I am an extreme Droid newb, I've only had my X for about 3 days now, so forgive my ignorance. I am coming from the Storm 2 and was wondering if there are parallel apps on Droid that my BB has.

For instance, I had SocialScope on my BB, but TweetDeck is very close to it on the Droid, so I don't really miss SS.

But are there parallel apps for Droid like BeBuzz, Poynt, and Quicklaunch? I looked a little while online and in the Market, but I don't really even know what to search for, so I was wondering if any of you seasoned Droid experts coming from BlackBerry might be able to assist me.

Thanks so much for any help!!
    01-08-2011 11:34 AM
    Check out Blink for LED customization.

Poynt is in the market.

There are a number of widgets and third party apps that can help you do what Quick Launch did... Minimalistic Text comes to mind...
    01-08-2011 01:24 PM
    I think the only app I haven't found a solid replacement for is Berry Weather.

There are a lot of weather widgets (currently liking Fancy Widets), but none that seem to let you change local weather stations, include radar, weather/web cams, and weather alerts.

Many of the widgets seem to just link back to accuweather and google's websites for radar and other data, which doesn't have as nice a graphic look to it like Berry Weather. I also liked that BW had multiple radar maps, so I could see the local radar, national radar, GPS-based radar, and so on.

For now, I've linked Fancy Widgets to Accuweather Quick, which gives me regional radar. The search continues....
    01-08-2011 03:06 PM
    I think the only app I haven't found a solid replacement for is Berry Weather.

There are a lot of weather widgets (currently liking Fancy Widets), but none that seem to let you change local weather stations, include radar, weather/web cams, and weather alerts.
    Weatherbug, while was always total crap on the BB, is actually quite good on android and has all those features. While I miss the customization of BerryWeather's radar, WeatherBug's radar is pretty good (especially as you can change what info you're looking from the radar map), but I usually complement it with the Radar Maps app.
    01-08-2011 04:07 PM
    I have mixed feelings about Weatherbug. Yes, it has all the right information, but I really don't like the blue background. The interface makes me think I am looking at something at least 10 years old. When you compare it to Fancy Widgets or Beautiful Widgets, both of those have a very nice graphic layout, which was one of the things I really liked about Berry Weather.

Yeah, I know I'm being picky. I'll use Weatherbug for now as a secondary weather source (Weatherbug clock widget just doesn't compare to other widgets in aesthetics).

It just means I continue to use 2-3 different apps to get the look and functionality.
    01-09-2011 10:27 AM
    Good threads for BlackBerry converts. Any help with parallels for these apps is appreciated:

Drive Safe.ly (reads emails as they arrive)

Documents To Go (Word, Excel)

CaptureIt (screen shot; not rooted)

Slacker Radio

Grocery Shopping List

Thanks for any help!
    01-11-2011 04:54 AM
    Drive Safe.ly (reads emails as they arrive)

Documents To Go (Word, Excel) - Docs 2 Go is available for Android

CaptureIt (screen shot; not rooted) - Shoot Me is a screencap app, note that only the HTC EVO (and it's various derivatives) can screenshot without root.

Slacker Radio - Slacker is also on Android

Grocery Shopping List - There are tons of shopping list apps. Grocery King is specific to grocery shopping.
    Comparable apps in bold.
    01-11-2011 11:35 AM
    Drive Safe.ly has an Android port. Should be on the market.

And Denver is right: there are literally hundreds of shopping apps.

As a rule of thumb, there is an app alternative for most BB apps.
    01-11-2011 01:42 PM
    Awesome! Thanks guys!
    01-11-2011 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD