I have an app named "system services" its image is a simcard and a gear on it, I cannot uninstall it, so dose anyone know what this is? Please
    05-22-2015 03:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? It's most likely what it sounds like--various services important to system function. Are you suspicious that it's not legitimate? Did it suddenly show up one day?
    Jennifer Richman likes this.
    05-22-2015 12:19 PM
    Hello there, Thanks for replying, yes it just showed up, but i did some more researching and I think it may be, sim app toolkit, if i take the simcard out and restart the phone, which is a note 2, then it disappears, i was worried as it has access to everything, do i need to worry?

Thank you.
    05-22-2015 01:16 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't worry, if it seems associated with the SIM.
    05-22-2015 01:34 PM
    Ah ok Thank you very much.
    05-22-2015 04:20 PM
    Hello there, Thanks for replying, yes it just showed up, but i did some more researching and I think it may be, sim app toolkit, if i take the simcard out and restart the phone, which is a note 2, then it disappears, i was worried as it has access to everything, do i need to worry?

Thank you.
    I had the same thing happened with that app and it is not an Android app that is important it's a virus because my Verizon Security picked it up as a threat. If you have a anti-virus thing on your phone all I did was shut my phone off and turned it back on in my anti-virus instantly detected it and removed it. Because I wasn't sure what it was for a week now since it showed up but it literally made my phone run horrible and freeze constantly. So yeah I would get rid of it as soon as possible. If you don't have an antivirus like through Verizon or whoever you can go through and I would look for one on the Play Store app.
    09-13-2016 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the input. Keep in mind that antivirus apps are not foolproof, and can often register an app as a false positive. The OP mentioned that the app only appeared when the SIM card was inserted -- it would be a very unusual malware app indeed if it were embedded in a SIM card and only showed up when the card was inserted. Perhaps your situation was different and it wasn't related to the SIM?
    Yesterday 12:07 PM