Any Dolphin users out there?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just curious who else uses Dolphin browser? I did at one point in time. It was, and probably still is a nice browser.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin was awesome back in the day for desktop mode and Flash support, but as the latter is increasingly unnecessary and as more and more mobile websites are offering the same content as the desktop sites, I've ditched it because of constant crashing issues. Chrome may be a bit slower to load, but it doesn't shut down constantly like Dolphin does.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it is true. Dolphin shut down so much on my S6 (and also shut down on my S5 and S4) that I finally had to stop using it.

dandeman

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Been a long time Dolphin user starting out on Motorola Droid era and now LG-G3 Android phones. My Desktop browser choice is Firefox, but I have found Dolphin the be the fastest, most reliable of all browsers available on Android platforms.. Have tried Android Firefox, Chome, but always come back to Dolphin..:)

Adam Ziarnik

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
After primarily using Chrome for years, I decided to try out a few other browsers. For the last 4 months I've used a mixture of Dolphin & Puffin across 3 devices (Nexus 6, Barnes & Noble's Nook HD 7" tablet, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4). I've actually decided to return to using Chrome as my primary browser. I really wanted to like Dolphin. I like the UI I like the gestures feature, but I can't find a compelling reason to use this as my default browser over chrome. I'm not finding it to be any faster than Chrome, but my main complaint is the scroll-lag that I'm encountering. Often pages don't scroll smoothly, and the rendering gets choppy. Or I'll attempt to scroll down/up & it's almost like the page gets stuck & doesn't want to move, except that when it does start moving, it goes way too far, too fast. This is not specific to any particular website, and I encountered this across all 3 devices often enough that I'm uninstalling it.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and I like the default non Chrome browser perfectly fine, however, I don't care for seeing ads on the internet at all. I've been using Dolphin just fine for a while now and while I am not a fan of the green, it's been the best all around browser for me. It also works really well on an older Android tablet that I only use for browsing the net at bed time. Browsers without a home button suck.

Last edited:

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
After primarily using Chrome for years, I decided to try out a few other browsers. For the last 4 months I've used a mixture of Dolphin & Puffin across 3 devices (Nexus 6, Barnes & Noble's Nook HD 7" tablet, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4). I've actually decided to return to using Chrome as my primary browser. I really wanted to like Dolphin. I like the UI I like the gestures feature, but I can't find a compelling reason to use this as my default browser over chrome. I'm not finding it to be any faster than Chrome, but my main complaint is the scroll-lag that I'm encountering. Often pages don't scroll smoothly, and the rendering gets choppy. Or I'll attempt to scroll down/up & it's almost like the page gets stuck & doesn't want to move, except that when it does start moving, it goes way too far, too fast. This is not specific to any particular website, and I encountered this across all 3 devices often enough that I'm uninstalling it.

Hello, I had been using Chrome as my default browser since 2012, but two yeas ago chrome became crashing again and again and I took the advice from my sister to use Dolphin. It never let me down. Once I sent an email to support@Dolphin.com for the image loading problem, I got a answer within one day and when I updated it to the latest version, loading issue didn't happen to me any more. you can send email about your scrolling issue to them too.

Adam Ziarnik

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I had been using Chrome as my default browser since 2012, but two yeas ago chrome became crashing again and again and I took the advice from my sister to use Dolphin. It never let me down. Once I sent an email to support@Dolphin.com for the image loading problem, I got a answer within one day and when I updated it to the latest version, loading issue didn't happen to me any more. you can send email about your scrolling issue to them too.

For clarification, yes, I was running the latest version of Dolphin. I have most of my apps set to auto-update. I could email Dolphin support, but truthfully, I really didn't want to take the time to have an extensive back-and-forth exchange with their tech support. I'm not so heavily invested in Dolphin that I feel like I have to use that browser. It is easier and less time consuming to simply uninstall and use another browser that performs better, so now I'm using Firefox. I would be open to trying Dolphin again in the future, but for now, if my choices for what to do when I get home from work are to deal with tech support, or spend time with my kids, I'm going to spend some time with my kids ;)

Last edited: