Printing Vignette Photos

dwclegg

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Vignette app just before heading on a trip to Joshua Tree. The photos I took turned out great, but I'm now trying to figure out where I can have them printed so that the great effects (borders, etc.) won't be ruined or passed over. I don't have a printer at home, so am looking to have them done for me. A bunch of the shots I like have either the Square Rounded border or one of the Grungy borders and I know online ordering companies like Kodak Gallery would just crop this out.
Has anyone had their Vignette photos printed by a company that they were satisfied with?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to move this to the application forum where you have a better chance for the answer your looking for.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried something more local like Walgreens etc? I know I recently photoshop'ed a photo of my daughter in a Sepia like tone and added a 'ragged torn like' border and they printed it good..
The real problem is you have to make sure your image size matches theirs as most digital cameras print at a different size ( 4x5.5) than standard photo paper (4x6) unfortunately... So it is really impossible to print everything on standard paper without resizing... Some sites offer the abilty to resize the image or offer digital print size paper where no cropping is required..

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I suppose I don't know exactly how Vignette works, does it save the edited picture in layers with the effects or as one image?

However, if it is just one image, I know most Targets and Walmarts have photo kiosks where you can insert your micro-sd card and print out your own photos.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Shutterfly.com ...

you upload via the web and tell them how you want them printed...competitive pricing. You have the option to pick up at local print shops or they will ship them to your house.

Easiest way to get them on the computer is either sync with cable or use Dropbox. I use dropbox and upload on the go! This way I have more space for more pics.

Best of luck!

climber20

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have a windows based computer, you can download a free program called PhotoScape. Within PhotoScape, paste your square photo into a 4x6 template (or whatever size you'd like to print). This will result in a 4x4 square picture with a 2x4 blank white rectangle taking up the remainder of the space. Save the file, upload it to Walmart or whatever lab you plan on using, and when you get your prints back you can cut off the blank white area, resulting in a nice square print.

There are several places that will make square prints for you, but I've found this to be the cheapest method.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae