02-21-2016 08:21 AM
62 123
    Hol on I may b slow but there is a stock app for instant messaging lol... going to look for this now wtf
    01-14-2010 07:02 PM
    ebuddy here. just can't leave it runing all day does swear out the battery.
    01-15-2010 02:23 AM
    Meebo seems to be the best so far. Haven't paid for one yet.

Meebo still signs me out randomly, and has miniscule emoticons... Does multi accounts at least.

Nonetheless, I miss the rock solid "official" Yahoo IM client my BB had... Hope they put one out soon that works.

IM+ stays connected well? UI pretty cool?
    01-15-2010 06:39 AM
    I have been using Meebo for a couple of weeks now, in always on, I never switch it off, as I don't see the point in having IM if people cannot write to you at any time...
    I have noticed no extra drain of the battery whatsoever, so it must be very efficient. The interface is very nice too, except the font in chat windows is very small. That's the only thing to improve.

Connection stays on ALL THE TIME, even when switching constantly between cellular and wi-fi coverage, very very reliable. I have been disconnected twice, and that happened after two very long phone calls that may have made my Hero lose the internet connection (in 2G data cannot stay active during calls).

I have also tried eBuddy, it is very good, but I can't stand the chat windows, with those ugly bubbles that make it impossible to read previous posts while the virtual keyboard is on.

Palringo would be very promising, however it crashes at start on my Hero, so waiting for update.
    01-15-2010 10:40 AM
    I use eBuddy on the rare occasions that I want to use IM on my phone. It suffices, and I can get into Facebook chat with it.

01-15-2010 10:55 AM
    someone petition beejive to port their chat over to android!
    01-15-2010 12:08 PM
    By the way, I had to drop using the native GTalk application on my Hero, as it just disconnects all the time. You enter into the app, and it seems connected, but if you look at your friend's GTalk list you appear offline 50% of the time, with no apparent rule. Completely unreliable!

I really don't understand how Google could release such a malfunctioning piece of software, while the mail and calendar applications stay in sync in real time with no issues.

I also believe it is a known bug...
    01-15-2010 12:08 PM
    I've been using Meebo at the recommendation of a friend.

Solid, although I only use it for Facebook chat since the Facebook app somehow doesn't have that.
    01-17-2010 11:21 AM
    Try Nimbuzz. Its pretty good.
    01-29-2010 07:09 AM
    I have been using ebuddy, its decent. I have left it on for hours and had active chatting sessions and haven't had major battery drain. I used meebo before and liked it but to me seemed like it killed my battery more than ebuddy, since there's been an update I'll have to give it another shot and maybe try nimbuzz as well since I've heard it mentioned a few times as well. Ulnek, there's two threads over at the beejive forums asking for an android app, so far the dev has said that right now nothing is planned but theyre keeping a watch on the platform to see if its viable market for them. I hope they decide to make an app cause beejive was awesome on my berry.
    01-30-2010 11:01 PM
    I've been using eBuddy as well and really liking it. Haven't seen any issue on battery drain.
    02-04-2010 02:41 PM
    I'm looking for feedback on a client to use for AIM. Anybody have any preferences? I use AIM quite a bit for work so it would be nice to have it on the go. My past Sprint AND Verizon phones all had built in programs for it, this time around I don't have one so I'm just curious. Thanks.
    02-05-2010 06:27 PM

Handles all of my MSN, Yahoo, AIM, AND facebook chats.
    02-05-2010 06:28 PM

Handles all of my MSN, Yahoo, AIM, AND facebook chats.
    I second this. Just downloaded yesterday, and I love it!
    02-05-2010 06:29 PM
    They all suck it seems. Lotsa development I think is going on. And, I pray for official releases from Yahoo and AOL.

Meebo seems to be most stable for me. Although the emoticons are just way unusably small on a high res screen and ya can't see people's avatars. Otherwise, it stays connected "fairly" well. That's about the only thing I like about it.. But, soggy cracker better than no cracker huh?

Not much for eBuddy. But maybe have to try it again.

Just tried Nimbuzz again, it was having connection issues and it still does whacky stufff. Thought it was pretty cool for a few hours today, but then it lost connection and would not reconnect, then just lost the accounts (poof) and needed to be re-setup. Pretty whack there. But it's better than it was. Well, maybe. Some potential I think.

I've tried a few others and they were unusable. Palringo had lag and basically sucked... But, maybe it's better now.

I'm pretty discouraged as all my friends are on Yahoo. Big issue in my world.
    02-05-2010 11:57 PM
    Weird, Palringo was amazing on WinMo back on the 6800 and Touch Pro. Sad to see no official Yahoo or AIM Client just yet. hopefully soon. E-buddy is working well enough for the time being but it isn't great.
    02-06-2010 12:01 AM
    Palringo was assuredly great on Win mo... Took a big face plant on Android tho...

Yep... Sad no official... Hoping they get on it... Desperately hoping.
    02-06-2010 12:08 AM
    Threads merged.
    02-06-2010 01:00 AM
    Haha... Ahhh... Rereading this thread, I was wondering about that... Good idea.
    02-06-2010 09:32 AM
    on Ebuddy, anyone else have problem with myspace chat? everyone is offline?
    or is that for like the old school version of myspace IM before they added the facebook style web bar chat?
    02-16-2010 07:17 PM
    I love eBuddy, never have any problems with it.
    02-23-2010 11:41 AM
    Hi Yahoo, for Yahoo Messenger...
    03-14-2010 07:17 AM
    I'm using bbm
    04-03-2010 01:54 AM
    I just came to the Droid from a storm. What's the best I'm like bbm group chat?
    04-04-2010 04:23 AM
    I have Handcent installed. Every time I get a text I get TWO notifications, one from Handcent and one from the stock messaging app. How do I fix this?
    04-04-2010 12:41 PM
62 123