02-21-2016 08:21 AM
62 123
tools
    I have Handcent installed. Every time I get a text I get TWO notifications, one from Handcent and one from the stock messaging app. How do I fix this?
    Go into the regular messaging app, go to settings and then turn them off.
    04-04-2010 02:36 PM
    Anyone know of a good IM / Instant Messenger app that alerts you when a contact signs on or becomes available?

My inferior BB Storm used to do it. It was even able to set a custom "available" tone for each contact. I know my droid has to have an app that does that.
    04-29-2010 11:52 AM
    I havent finish reading all the post here, but for those of you that are complaining abt being dissconected on meebo or any other im app theres an xplanation for it, unless you app goes to a hold state this will happend everytime you get a call. this is just because 3g cdma doesnt allow data and voice to be use at the same time. is a tecnology matter not the app.
    3G gsm lets you do it and all of us on verizon will be able to use it too by the end of the year(in some markets) once they launch their life 4G LTE network.
    06-06-2010 11:43 AM
    Well I'm on the Evo and I've YET to get it to sign on to aim using Meebo. I can't understand why NO other handset does sms/chat apps like the Pre. All conversations are merged- regardless how you're talking to your contact. Man I miss that.
    06-06-2010 04:56 PM
    Anyone know of a good IM / Instant Messenger app that alerts you when a contact signs on or becomes available?

My inferior BB Storm used to do it. It was even able to set a custom "available" tone for each contact. I know my droid has to have an app that does that.
    Hopefully someone out there can answer this question for me....
    06-09-2010 03:32 PM
    I miss the integration on the Pre as well but Meebo is pretty cool, I'm not having any issues really
    06-09-2010 03:42 PM
    Does Meebo or ebuddy allow for multiple AIM or Yahoo accounts to log in. I come from WM and was used to using Beejive.
    06-09-2010 06:48 PM
    I have always used the default AIM client but recently when trying out spare parts, I noticed that AIM seems to keep the phone from going into a sleep state (spareparts->battery history -> Partial wake usage)

Do any of the 3rd party apps handle this better?
    06-10-2010 12:55 PM
    Meebo user here. I've used it on a Droid Eris and an Evo. I haven't had any of these problem about signing in.
    06-13-2010 07:06 PM
    Running Driod on 2.2
    I use Meebo but lately it has been force closing a lot on me. I use the Official AIM, Yahoo and Google apps. I just need one for MSN and I'll be set.

Palringo, eBuddy and IM+ dont have the best Looking UI. They also all will disconnect in the background and still have the icon in the notifications so it looks like you are still signed on but arent.

I too was a big fan of one app for all IM programs but non of them do a good job. I am waiting to see if BeeJive comes out with an Android app because they were the best hands down one the BB platform. Maybe if Trillian makes an app that one will be good as well.
    07-01-2010 05:04 PM
    Well I'm on the Evo and I've YET to get it to sign on to aim using Meebo. I can't understand why NO other handset does sms/chat apps like the Pre. All conversations are merged- regardless how you're talking to your contact. Man I miss that.
    Totally agree. Thats one of the few things that Palm has a leg up on all their competitors.
    07-01-2010 06:49 PM
    Check out Signal Private Messenger - its open source and uses end to end encryption protocol
    02-21-2016 08:21 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD