I have a vacation home that we visit a couple times a month I don't want to pay $100+ for dish or cable only to use it maybe 10 hours a month. I am hoping I can use an S6 with sprint unlimited service to stream netflix or other internet based video services to my smart TV/PS4 when we want to watch some "TV".
    05-30-2015 01:55 PM
    The S5 hgas just been added to the Chromecast list - I wouldn't be surprised if the S6 supports it too. You can probably find the device itself for about $25 if you shop around. The app is at Chromecast and the instructions (and list of compatible devices) are at Chromecast mirroring.

It mirrors the phone to the TV, so if you're watching Netflix on your phone, you'll see it on your TV. (If you watch it in portrait mode, you'll probably think it looks weird.) Anything that can be put on your phone's screen, including videos, apps that stream videos, apps that stream TV, etc., will show on the TV.

You do need an internet connection and wifi router to set the Chromecast device up, so if you don't have anything at your vacation home, set it up on a TV at home first. (It's going to download updates and it takes a while.)

No wires, but you will need wifi at the vacation home. You don't need internet, just wifi, so just a router turned on and running is enough. (Any WAP [wireless access point] will work, but the cheaper routers - the Netgear WNR2000 is only about $40 and, if you want to risk it, you can probably get a Trendnet for half that - are cheaper than WAPs.)
    05-30-2015 04:17 PM
    Get a chromecast
    06-23-2015 05:29 PM