Why can't I download any apps on my Toshiba Thrive?

A

AC Question

I cannot download any apps on my Toshiba Thrive.

No apps will download after I reset the Thrive due to another issue. I continue to get the error message. I paid Toshiba for tech service and that was a complete waste of money. Error message says error retrieving info from server.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cannot download any apps on my Toshiba Thrive.

Welcome to Android Central! So you did a full factory reset, correct? After the reset, did you have any problems logging the tablet back into your Google account? Do other apps access the web successfully over wi-fi? Have you tried any other wi-fi network?

I assume you're trying to install apps through Google Play Store, correct? Swipe in from the left while in the Play Store--do you see the proper Google account listed at the top of that menu? Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for Download Manager.

If this doesn't help, go to Settings>Accounts, completely remove your Google account, then add it back again.

Another thing to check is to make sure you have a valid form of payment associated with your Play Store account.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: I cannot download any apps on my Toshiba Thrive.

The Thrive has a 3 GB limit for apps. It's a known issue. Do you happen to have a lot of apps? Did you clear cache and data in the play store? Do you have the latest version of the play store?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem, and I have tried everything suggested, like resetting the tablet, removing the Google account and then adding it again, clearing the cache. Nothing has worked. I have yet to try another source for WiFi.