I've never purchased a book from Google Play Books. I've used Amazon Kindle Books a lot.

If a book is the same price in both stores, where should I buy it from?

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to either store?

Note: I don't own any Amazon Kindle tablets. I'd be reading the book on my Android devices and my PC.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    06-07-2015 04:39 PM
    I would stick with Kindle only because of Bookbub.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-07-2015 04:47 PM
    If you are in America or the UK don't forget Barnes and Noble Nook. You can read books for free in the actual bookstore. Not just samples but the entire book if you are willing to sit that long. Also I buy my gift cards at gift card resellers usually for $89 for $100 in credit Amazon gift cards are $98 for $100 not worth the effort.
    Laura Knotek and ACP32444 like this.
    06-09-2015 08:04 AM
    You can read books for free in the actual bookstore. Not just samples but the entire book if you are willing to sit that long. .
    Yes, and if you can't sit through the whole book at once you can come back the next day and it will pick up where you left off.

Also- If you have a Nook reader you can download the Kindle app and have the best of both worlds.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2015 01:10 PM
    Yes, and if you can't sit through the whole book at once you can come back the next day and it will pick up where you left off.

Also- If you have a Nook reader you can download the Kindle app and have the best of both worlds.
    I don't own any ereaders.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 01:23 PM
    I don't own any ereaders.
    Then you can have both the Nook and Kindle apps on your phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2015 02:18 PM
    But if you love to read forget the LCD readers and get either a Kindle paper white or nook simple touch. E-ink is the best
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 08:59 PM
    But if you love to read forget the LCD readers and get either a Kindle paper white or nook simple touch. E-ink is the best
    I wouldn't say I'm an avid reader. I might get a couple library books every month. I rarely purchase books. Mostly I just borrow library books. The library uses the Amazon Kindle format.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 11:33 PM
    For me, it depends on what I am reading. For ebooks that involve no math equations or computer source code I generally prefer Amazon Kindle (not saying that Play Books is bad for this, I just do not have much experience buying from Google). However, for Play Books have one significant advantage over Kindle - reading of PDF files with bookmark synchronizing. I love the fact that I can upload PDF books with complex rendering to Play Books and read using Play Books app with bookmark synchronized across all devices. The downside to this is that, PDF files are 'scanned' into images when you upload them and when you sync the book downstream to your devices, basically a 1 MB PDF blows up to about 10 MB due to being represented as scanned images. EPUB and MOBI formats more often than not simply render math equations or computer source code poorly. Only PDF maintains full fidelity.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:24 PM
    For me, it depends on what I am reading. For ebooks that involve no math equations or computer source code I generally prefer Amazon Kindle (not saying that Play Books is bad for this, I just do not have much experience buying from Google). However, for Play Books have one significant advantage over Kindle - reading of PDF files with bookmark synchronizing. I love the fact that I can upload PDF books with complex rendering to Play Books and read using Play Books app with bookmark synchronized across all devices. The downside to this is that, PDF files are 'scanned' into images when you upload them and when you sync the book downstream to your devices, basically a 1 MB PDF blows up to about 10 MB due to being represented as scanned images. EPUB and MOBI formats more often than not simply render math equations or computer source code poorly. Only PDF maintains full fidelity.
    Thanks! I'm interested in popular fiction and nonfiction books, not textbooks or computer source code.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    06-13-2015 03:02 AM