Facebook app installed but not working.

Usuf Ahmed

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I removed the Facebook app for some reason and tried reinstalling it. Accidentally powered off the device during installation. When i turned it back on the app was there but i couldn't access it (few seconds of the Facebook logo, exits and "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped."). So i remove the app again, go to the Play store and click 'install', now usually it takes up to 5 to 10 minutes for me to download the app but this time it downloaded and installed right away! But the same problem...can't access it.
I have been trying all day but with the same result.

When uninstalled, the Facebook app still appears in ES File Explorer's APPs and in 'settings > apps' (but it says "Not Installed" underneath).

Moto G 2013 Lollipop 5.0.2

I know this sounds very confusing....feel free to ask further questions. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Usuf Ahmed

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. When i go to 'settings>apps>all' the Facebook app, instead of being in F part of the apps list (alphabetical order) is located at the very end. Just says 'Not Installed' besides* it... When selected, It says 'Force Stop' and 'Uninstall' but these are NOT highlighted and aren't selectable. Data and Cache are both 0.00B and App is 161MB.
What is "Clear cache partition"? Does this affect all the apps in my phone?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could download SD maid and run its "corpse finder". Maybe that app could be able to delete those leftovers from Facebook. Before running try to uninstall Facebook from the Play Store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&token=yVooUYEZ

Wiping the cache partition won't delete any personal information, don't worry. I've done that a couple of times in my Moto G. Just be aware that the process could take almost 10 minutes after you complete the instructions given by B. Diddy. That's normal, just make sure your battery is, at least, half full.

Last edited by a moderator:

Usuf Ahmed

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions guys. I wiped the cache partition and ran 'corpse finder' on SD Maid. But still nothing.

Yes probably the leftovers from Facebook is the issue. I'll look for apps and threads on that. I will post here if i find something.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Had a thought. Go to settings - accounts and see if you have still your Facebook account listed there. If so remove it and start all over again, download, install, sign in.

Usuf Ahmed

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried this but Facebook is not listed there. I already emailed Facebook app support and Motorola. Waiting for a reply. Might be a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At this point, it might be best to backup or sync all of your important data, then do a factory reset and start from scratch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae