Like say, can I download a app on my PC & then just move it to my Galaxy Note 3 smartphone via usb cable only instead of using my slow 4G speeds I'm getting on my phone?
    What is the process for doing so? Will it automatically recognize it is an app & installs as it is being moved from the PC?
    Or do I need to select it from a folder after it has been moved to start it to install the app?

Or would I need a a SD card to do all of this.
    06-12-2015 02:31 AM
    I will warn you that installing 3rd-party apps can be risky, there is no verification that you actually received the app from the developer. That said, you will need to get your phone connected to your computer and get the APK file copied to your device from the computer. Then, in Settings > Security is an option to allow apps from unknown sources, that needs to be enabled. You can then use a file browser to install the app.

That said, the BEST place to get your apps is the Google Play Store. Unless you're getting this app download from the developer itself, be VERY cautious. Do you not have WiFi at home that you can connect your phone to?
    06-12-2015 04:54 AM
    I just have a Ethernet connected modem, there's been no real use for a router before for me.

So I just have to enable "allow unknown sources" on my phone, download the app/APK file on my PC, hook up my phone to my PC & then I will need a file browser you say?

I can't just select move to copy to from my PC to my phone?

What is a file browser?
    06-12-2015 12:12 PM
    Your PC can't download APK files from Google Play, you will be dealing with questionable 3rd-party sources and possibly pirated copies of paid apps (discussion of which is frowned upon here). You can copy the app to the phone from the PC but you'll still need to install it on the phone, that's where the file browser comes in. The file browser (such as ES File Explorer) will allow you to browse some files on your device (including the location you'd copy to from the PC) and install the app.

I STRONGLY suggest you stick to the Google Play Store, following those steps opens you up to security risk, you're even alerted of that when you enable "unknown sources".
    06-12-2015 01:37 PM
    Didn't even know you can't download APK files from the playstore on a PC.
    Thought I would download them on my PC to save data usage.
    06-12-2015 02:47 PM