Advanced Task Manager

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I LOVE this app I came across yesterday. Especially the ram issues on my phone. It allows you to have your background apps turn off whenever your screen off or you can choose what intervals you want it to clear. I currently have it on five minutes. Lol I just wrote it as five years. You can also select apps that are running and kill them, ignore, force stop or whitelist them. I just thought I would share it for those interested

Take a look at "Advanced Task Manager - Boost"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=mobi.infolife.taskmanager&token=7Ev8hA4P

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
This is just another task killer. Like other task killers, it should be avoided. Another app written by someone who doesn't understand Android or doesn't care.

DO NOT use any task killer or memory optimizer. They actually waste power, disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Android is excellent at handling running processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance. For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Just let Android do it's job as intended, relax and enjoy your phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
This is just another task killer. Like other task killers, it should be avoided. About app written by someone who doesn't understand Android or doesn't care.

DO NOT use any task killer or memory optimizer. They actually waste power, disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Android is excellent at handling running processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance. For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Yeah ok. That's why I've had an additional hour of battery life since I downloaded it. I wouldn't post about something unless I was seeing a difference with it

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
This is just another task killer. Like other task killers, it should be avoided. Another app written by someone who doesn't understand Android or doesn't care.

I was planning on waiting for the 5.1 update, but these guys are advocating rooting your phone, I think it's time to take the plunge.

dreaming of electric sheep

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I guess you didn't read the link in my reply. Here's another link. I can give you plenty more. It's common knowledge that task killers are a Bad Thing.

Read and learn. Or not. It's up to you whether you want to understand the truth or just believe what you want,

http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

All I know is I got seven hours of screen on time since I downloaded it as opposed to 5-6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol all I know. I only downloaded the task manager yesterday

Did you make the change suggested by erasat? Not all of these apps are bad but I haven't found one that had more than a placebo effect and therefore have not installed one in the last few years.

creamsoftware

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Nice app, but the UI is a bit obsolete. It would be better to have material design or something brighter as the default theme. But the features are great indeed.

jimdavis30

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So Crashdamage, I read the first link you provided. Please help me, because I never saw in that article where it said an ATK was bad and to be avoided. Please provide me the paragraph number where it says that. Otherwise, it appears you linked an article that DOESN'T support your opinion (it's only that - an opinion, not fact). You correctly point out they did help write android, but nowhere do they say that ATK's are bad and you should avoid them.

I read your second link as well. One of the things that jumped out to me was that blogger said that was their opinion and there are lots of people that disagree. I find it amusing you cite an opinion piece the author admits lots of people disagree with as concrete proof you are right in your opinion. I look at your statement "It's up to you whether you want to understand the truth or just believe what you want" and it makes me chuckle. You actually think an OPINION that the writer admits lots of people disagree with is truth and anyone that doesn't believe the opinion is wrong. That would be like me writing a blog that the sky is actually black 24 hours a day and the moon is really made of cheese and saying anyone that disagrees with it just doesn't believe the truth.

Rickenbacker108

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
CrashDamage,

After doing some research I must agree with you about Android Task Killers--best avoided. However, I also read that sometimes the benefits claimed from Advanced Task Manager users may result from killing an application that is hogging the CPU thereby suck down power. Killing a bad app can be a good thing. I am now inclined to remove ATM and install Watchdog on my phone.

Klbg

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
So I'm totally confused about whether to use task killers or not. Is Watchdog a suggested good app to use? Or should I not use anything as suggested earlier? I've been using DU battery which saves me up to an hour when I optimize it. I just posted a question about this a few minutes ago. I hope somebody can help me figure it out my battery doesn't even last a day!?! I have a droid mini phone and a tablet BTW.

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Guys ... No need to argue about this ...

Whoever thinks it helps .. by all mean use it ..
It's your choice .. If anything goes awry ..
come back here .. we will help you any way ....

Cheers ...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance