Tif viewer App Recommendation

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some advice for a recommended app as I would like to install an app that will open tif image files on Android kitkat 4.4.4.

I see many available on google playstore but wondered if anyone can recommend one in particular?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded multi tiff viewer from Google playstore but unfortunately after opening the tif file I saw no option to save it anywhere or convert it to say jpg.

Is there anything out there that will open and save and convert a tif image file on Android?

Iceberg86300

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Fast Image Viewer does what I need.

It rather sucks that you were talking to yourself here, but your trials have helped me!

Wish you had gotten some feedback though. The entire reason I clicked on your thread was because of the June 2015 date (and obviously I was looking for a tiff viewer )

It's important to keep app recommendations current as a perfect app before the "app explosion" could turn in a real piece of junk, relatively new apps can fall anywhere in the range of garbage to excellent, and I find the reviews on the play store nearly worthless as people either don't know what they're doing/talking about. An example being ES File Explorer on a lollipop ROM like my GS5. Bad reviews given like "this won't let me write to the external SD card" followed by others with "you idiots, it's impossible to write to the external SD card (others are less damning, saying ANY app can write to it, but only to the app specific location of SD-ext>android>data>specific app>folder)."

While here in reality land all you have to do with ES File Explorer is follow some simple on screen instructions to get the root address/designation of the SD card the first time you try to do anything with it.

Same goes for any app compatible with lollipop as long as the devs weren't lazy, choosing not to do their homework or worse, knowing exactly what is needed but just plain leaving the necessary code out.

Apologies for the rant. I'm just so sick of reading extortionist reviews like "do this, add that, etc, then I'll change my 1 star to 5." All of these extortionist reviews should be able to be deleted from the app's overall rating by developers and placed in a separate review section named extortionist reviews. Same goes for the reviews from people that obviously have no business leaving a scathing review because they can't follow simple directions. These reviews can be placed in the section called reviews from people that can't follow directions.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any reviews ever be deleted completely, but classifying and then segregating reviews into different sections would really be a great way to show the true worth of an app. The developer could then deal with these people and their feedback to possibly provide better documentation.

Ok, seriously this time, the rant has ended.

Thank you very much for posting your trials of different TIFF viewing apps, I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Steve

drsusans

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
To Steve, the person who left the very long rant against the person who posted the initial question: I was really hoping by the time I got to your post and started reading it, that you had some real knowledge to offer, so I continued to read every last word of it. I was so surprised and disappointed when I got to the end and all you had done was have a temper tantrum against a person trying to share knowledge, while not offering anything yourself! You took up way more of my time , and for what, so YOU could EXPLOIT ME? I need you to stay off all android forums after this – I never want to have to read another one of your posts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463