Launcher Pro Plus Facebook and People widgets

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
currently, I am using the full screen facebook and people widgets with Launcher pro plus. they currently display in a window like manner on the screen, is there a way to "maximize" the window to take up the entire screen? I had a ROM/theme installed that did this, but I switched to a different ROM and now I can't seem to get these windows to "maximize" fully on the page. so does anyone know how to do this? thanks

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
hold down on the corner of the widget and when it turns yellow use your finger to drag it to the size you want and then press your back hard button (arrow)

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
that definitely does not do it. the widget is already a full screen size, but it shows as in windowed mode instead of taking up the entire screen.

the best way I can describe it is if you can somehow click on the maximize button like you can on any window in windows, I want to do that with the people widget.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
that definitely does not do it. the widget is already a full screen size, but it shows as in windowed mode instead of taking up the entire screen.

the best way I can describe it is if you can somehow click on the maximize button like you can on any window in windows, I want to do that with the people widget.

You cannot do it... you are limited to how much screen space can be taken up... I use the 'Pure' widgets and there will always be some space... If you have purchased the 'pro' version you can resize to the max.
What I always do also is set the 'Homescreen Settings' to the max on 'Number of columns' and 'Number of rows'. You might have to resize after that (if you have pro plus) but it does give you maximum control *to me* Also never check 'auto fit'...

However, still, would not be 100% full size as the bottom dock HAS TO SHOW...
Just to give you an idea of what I did by playing with sizes/rows/columns:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
what you have is what I want to do. currently my screen looks like this:

snap20101122_115440.png

I just want to maximize it to take up the full screen above the dock without showing the small space around it.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
what you have is what I want to do. currently my screen looks like this:

I just want to maximize it to take up the full screen above the dock without showing the small space around it.

I just tried to perform the same resize steps with that widget and I cannot seem to get the same effect as I can with the Pure Messenger widget. That widget will not let me resize part of it off screen, probably because it's part of Launcher Pro?...
Personally I think the Pure messenger is better as you can control the transparency etc... Have you tried it?

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I know it can be done in LPP, I flashed a backup of an older ROM and took this screenshot:
downloadfile.png

so I pretty much want it to look like this, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.

maybe I'll try out pure messenger if I can't figure this out with LPP soon. thanks for the suggestion

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I know it can be done in LPP, I flashed a backup of an older ROM and took this screenshot:
downloadfile.png

so I pretty much want it to look like this, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.

maybe I'll try out pure messenger if I can't figure this out with LPP soon. thanks for the suggestion

Welcome, maybe the Rom has something to do with it? Have you tried my other sugestion of messing with the number of rows/columns on the home screen settings? I know that has helped me place some widgets where and how I want...

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, maybe the Rom has something to do with it? Have you tried my other sugestion of messing with the number of rows/columns on the home screen settings? I know that has helped me place some widgets where and how I want...

yea I tried that, but it messed up my icons and it didn't do anything to the widget unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance