Why can't I watch any Live streams on any app?

A

AC Question

Can't watch any Live streams on any app

Basically I can watch youtube videos and "pastbroadcast" on twitch app. But I can't see any LIVE stream on twitch or youtube(and the alternarive like Vortex, Viral).

I don't know if it's the Google play services app. Any suggestion what can be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't watch any Live streams on any app

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? How is your data connection? Does it matter if you're on wi-fi vs mobile data?

kamandaky

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
It's a Tablet with android 4.1.1 - Efun Nextbook 7. Already I tried a hard reset but nothing change. Almost sure it's something with Google play services app, because again I can watch videos but not Live videos:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume that's a wi-fi only device. Does it matter which wi-fi network you use, or does the same problem occur on any network?

kamandaky

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's a wifi only tablet, and it's the same problem in other networks too(3 differents). At first I though it was the hosts file, but I put a default one and nothing.
The only app that barely plays It's Azubu, but only after I change the quality.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's an odd issue. Are you able to watch live streams on the browser? Like on the mobile YouTube site?

kamandaky

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
on any browser in mobile youtube it doesn't play, AND it's shows a message like "the client doesn't support/admit live streams events"

kamandaky

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I already use google's dns, but I changed it to opendns but nothing. It's not my network, my smartphone 4.3 has 0 problems.
Does twitch use google play services app to reproduce? I mean it's like twitch, yt, etc use the same player.

Saito123

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
I would try downloading the puffin browser, so you can watch flash videos on your device. Once dowloaded, open the browser and try to watch a youtube live stream with your device. I know this is late but that is all I got.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad