Is there any way to exclude a single app from "Update All"?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC M8 running Lollypop.

Recently, one of my most-used apps got an update that is horrible, it completely changed the UI for the worst, is buggy, and removes many features. I couldn't stand it and downgraded back to the previous version.

Problem is, now the update appears in Google Play, and if I hit "Update All" it will try to update it again. Is there any to exclude just this one app from the Update All button, and allow all my other apps to keep getting updated?

Note that I am NOT talking about Auto-Update, which every single attempt to Google about this brought up. I am talking about manually being able to hit Update All but excluding specific apps from being updated that way.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Sometimes you can 'trick' it by hitting the Update button and quickly hitting Cancel (or hitting the Update All button and then just cancelling the app you don't want). But no way to exclude that.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Go to the app in the Play Store. Find the 3-dot menu in top right corner. Tap it, then uncheck Auto-update. It will still show up in the update list. If you tap Update All, it will ask permission on that app, and you can decline.

Sent from Tapatalk on either my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1, it kinda depends

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge only apps that ask for different permissions than the currently installed version ask you for permission to update, even with the Auto-Update off (which, if I'm not mistaken, would only mean that the apps update on their own).

shani ace

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Go to the app in the Play Store. Find the 3-dot menu in top right corner. Tap it, then uncheck Auto-update. It will still show up in the update list. If you tap Update All, it will ask permission on that app, and you can decline.

Unfortuneately it doesn't work that way. Tapping Update All will still update apps you unchecked auto-updates for.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc