Best browser for phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think Chrome does a good job. I like it primarily because it completely and easily syncs with Chrome on the desktop.

Heatblast

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
For rapid surfing - The one and only Opera Mini.
In case of full browsers (I.e. Java enabled etc ) - Dolphin is the best option.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your device. I personally dislike Chrome as there are no features built into it, it's not really that much faster than Maxthon and I like to set a home page. (The ability to set a home page on Chrome is device specific, which is really stupid.)

Dolphin is good on some devices, but can get bogged down if you add too many extensions. On my tablet, it is okay but not as fast as it is on my phone. It flies own my Note. Firefox is rather blah, although the extension support is great. Maxthon has a nice feature set out of the box and is on par with Chrome in regards to speed, even on older devices. If you can get by with ABP and Flash, Maxthon is a great choice. If you need more, look at Dolphin and Firefox. Don't just use Chrome because it's made my Google. I think a lot of people have that mindset and it's a crappy browser if you surf the web a lot. If you aren't rooted and have a proper ad block mechanism like Adaway installed, I don't see the point of using Chrome at all. The pop up ads that show up on a lot of sites via javascript are a pain in the a**. Considering javascript is required on a lot of websites, I can't stomach Chrome for long. By the time you can click the little X to close it, you may as well have already installed a better browser.

Puffin and Naked Browser are okay, Puffin being much better, but because of the way the content reaches you, the quality takes a dive. For basic browsing, both of them are very fast. It's when you want to watch a video, etc... that their weaknesses show. The ABP browser sucks, may as well use Firefox with the ABP extension or Maxthon who has it built in. The Ghostery Browser is okay, somewhat fast, but again... no features other than privacy.

I personally have two browsers installed on all my devices. I use the stock Samsung ones because they tie into the fingerprint reader and then use Maxthon or Dolphin depending on which device and the age of it for when I want to watch things in the browser that may be flash or HTML5 or be able to long press and download them. (Both have that feature.) Not to mention, ad free browsing is just that much better.

And yes, I've tried pretty much every browser in the Play Store.

Last edited:

jimmyellz

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Chrome is the really cool browser, I agree. But it lags alot on some lollipop devices. So I prefer CM Browser instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blueslice

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I like APUS browser because it's pretty light and has good customization options...not a super well-known one though

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke