Why do I get a pop up with variants of the key I depressed on my Galaxy tablet?

bhcva

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Why do i get a pop up with variants of the key i depressed on my galaxy tablet

When i hit a key (often, not always) i get a popup with variants of that character that would apply to a language different from english. The english version is also in the popup....the others have some sort of character over the letter like an accent grave sort of thing. This is forcing me to type each character twice..?? It seems to happen regardless of the app involved.

Using android 4.4.2.

Thanks, Bruce

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do i get a pop up with variants of the key i depressed on my galaxy tablet

That typically happens if you press the key for longer than a short tap. How long are you keeping your finger on the key? Make sure you're just tapping it briefly.

bhcva

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do i get a pop up with variants of the key i depressed on my galaxy tablet

Thanks Diddy. Both wife and I trying to keep it light with no success. Is there a way to dial down the sensitivity of the screen? She complains a lot about slow responses especially reading with Overdrive and trying to turn pages....any clue here?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Language & Input and select your keyboard's settings. Look for an option to adjust how long a press is considered a long-press.