Why can't I connect to Snapchat?

A

AC Question

Can't connect to Snapchat

My phone was recently bricked and I had to get a new one, replacing a Droid Turbo 64GB with a factory refurbished Turbo. I cannot log in to Snapchat on new phone though. The error message I receive is "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again." This has been ongoing for about two weeks so it's not a temporary server issue. I can log in to my account from other devices, so it's not an account issue. I had no problems with my old Turbo. Here is what I have tried:

Clearing the app cache, uninstalling, reinstalling
Changing my account password
Contacting Snapchat support - no reply
Verifying that my date/time settings were correct
verifying that my Google account settings were correct

Any other ideas?

JJhendrix

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my Samsung S6 Active. I was using it fine one minute, the next it stopped sending snaps, then couldnt connect to server. Any help would be great!

The_Einre

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a Galaxy S5 and ran into this problem after having the phone a couple days.

The only fix I found was to put the phone into airplane mode, then turn Wifi back on and connect to an access point.
This shouldn't be the ultimate solution, but it'll do for now until the real problem can be found.

Hope this works for you (and all others having the same issue).

brodie williams

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My phone was recently bricked and I had to get a new one, replacing a Droid Turbo 64GB with a factory refurbished Turbo. I cannot log in to Snapchat on new phone though. The error message I receive is "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again." This has been ongoing for about two weeks so it's not a temporary server issue. I can log in to my account from other devices, so it's not an account issue. I had no problems with my old Turbo. Here is what I have tried:

Any other ideas?

All i had to do was go into my google account sync it then i was able to sign in try that and let me know if it works for you to

Last edited by a moderator:

ss11

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I went though my background data restrictions and tried to allow all which I thought might relate to snapchat to see if that was the issue. I allowed Gallery, Camera and Google Account I believe and Snapchat started working right away. Hope it helps someone.

Rhigay

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
thank you so much it work

put your phone into airplane mode with your wifi on and try to put your username and passwordit will definitely work

Last edited by a moderator:

moayyad omari

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't connect to Snapchat

I did so put my phone in airplane mode and conect wifi but snapchat still give me the same error message "can't connect to the server.please try again later
What should I do.........

Chloe Barnes

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site

Any other ideas?

This happened to me too, I tried all of that too. But what I did is on the login screen, instead of your username, use your email. When I did that it logged me in perfectly fine. Good luck!

Trinity L

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

This happened to me too, I tried all of that too. But what I did is on the login screen, instead of your username, use your email. When I did that it logged me in perfectly fine. Good luck!
Sti didnt work :/, ive tried every! It works on my friends phones.. Sony Xperia

Hannah433

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I tried that and I tried everything else I could possibly do! I can log in on anything but my phone I've Uninstalled and reinstalled, I've restarted my phone I've checked the date and time, I've took my battery out, I've done everything and its still not working!!!!! Someone help me

Jasmine Blaha

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issues too and I have done everything you have listed too. Have you found something that worked? It's very aggravating. It started doing this last night and I need it to be fixed.

Hanah_Moffett1

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site

I have literally tried all of these and none of them are working It still says it cannot connect to a server, I have no idea what's wrong with it

Jip Derkman

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site

I have the same problem and tried everything. I have a Lenovo ZUK Z2 running on the MoKee custom rom. The problem started appearing after logging in on a friend's ipad. I can still login on my own iPad and on my android tablet. Its very annoying please help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar